Is the FX 8350 capable of running dual 7950s?

navask01

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013
Hey guys,
i'm intending on building my gaming rig by the end of year.It's a budget rig.I will be getting a FX8350,Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 mobo and a R7950. I won't be crossfiring immediately but i don't want to(hopefully won't have to) upgrade the CPU.

What i'm trying to say is that i'm intending on running dual 7950s.I'll be getting one initially.The other one would come in later on. Would the FX 8350 and Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 mobo be able to handle the load?I don't know if the correct word to use is bottleneck?

I tried looking at Intel.But they are way out of my budget. That being said,i'm not very well informed on intel CPUs and chipsets.I don't think i'll be dabbling in OCing.Perhaps some experts here could highlight some capable intel CPUs and chipsets along the USD 250 range,i could start widening my options.

I live in Singapore,so prices are slighly expensive.They're not out of the line but we don't have the fantastic MIRs that you guys have in the US.Please do keep note of this when suggesting CPUs or chipsets.

You won't have a problem. The AMD 8350 is the top of the line and will handle the 7950's no problem. With that board and a good cooler and you could OC that CPU to get even power out of it easily.

Hey, I'm from (in) Singapore too :D

The FX 8350 and Gigabyte board will do fine with 7950 crossfire. Unfortunately there are no comparable Intel setups available at that price point.

Just make sure the PSU is powerful enough to run all 3 AMD processors lol

And prices are not slightly expensive here, they are STUPID expensive. Bloody govt keep pushing for a higher population, driving property and rent sky high. Ultimately consumers pay the rent with inflated prices.

Jaxem

Honorable
It will run most things just fine, but, with less CPU power your CPU will be the bottleneck sooner, but it would still be the bottleneck with a 8350, it would just take more to get to that bottleneck.

navask01

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013

HAHAH.Nice one,bro.I agree with you on the most part.GPUs are shit expensive,as well.Easily 40 to 70% more expensive.Though i wouldn't blame the govt entirely for this.Local distributors are horrendous.

The Giga 990FXA UD3 combo was at VideoPro at 353SGD.KNow any other better combination but almost at the same price?

Yup. The turbo is at 4.1Ghz, so you may have to push it past that.

Edit: I can't find any better combo. Intel combo cost a lot more for the same features.

navask01

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013
Stability becomes an issue past,that,i would assume?The gigabyte board,as it is,has been known to have heat issues.Apparently the boards have warped.Hit and miss affair,i think

navask01

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013
Okay,so how's this then?Getting an FX6300 now with a better board(Asus M597 Evo or Asus M599X Evo) and upgrading the CPU if and when the need arises. I figure it'd be cheaper to just change the CPU instead of getting a new mobo and CPU later on.

Darkresurrection

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

hey you make me laugh intel fanboys!!! for heavily threaded games, your cpu is far far better than any i5, so dont let them tell you, you are buying something inferrior, i5 will be a bottleneck in heavily threaded games in the future, so fortunately there is no i5 in that price range, you are luck....Ubisoft has announced that for playing watch dogs on ultra you either need fx 8350 or i7 3770k!!! i5 3570k in for medium settings http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4546&game=Watch%20Dogs... so your i5 is a bottleneck in this game, and a lot of future games!!! are you ready for the 8 core revenge!!? :D

Darkresurrection

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

com on they dont know what they are saying!!! fx 6300, that's not a good recommendation!!!! tell me your budget

Sounds good :)

Jaxem

Honorable

Wow, and you think they are the fanboys here?

Darkresurrection

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

stop this will you, no it is not!!! m599fx evo and fx 6300!!!? seriously, since when the mobo is more important than the cpu!!?

Darkresurrection

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

am i!!!?? you cant believe it huh!!? :D gamedebate says that
omg not fare omg... gamedebate is biased omg
ok....
1:here: http://hexus.net/gaming/news/pc/60993-demanding-watch-dogs-pc-specs-appear-disappear-appear/
2:http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/08/watch-dogs-revised-pc-requirements-call-for-6gb-of-ram/
3:http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/08/watch-dogs-system-requirements-announced-specify-64-bit-os-and-minimum-6-gb-of-ram/
read the hexus... your i5 is there wave hands for it intel fanboys!!! go medium!!!

navask01

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013
What the heck just happened?Lol,chill dude(ttes). No fanboy-ism here please.All i want is performance for the dollar.
MY budget is SGD350/USD280 for the cpu and mobo. I'm open to the idea of getting a better CPU later on instead of getting a great cpu now with an average boarD(gigabyte 990FXA UD3,heating issues from what i've read)

EDIT: The selection of AM3+ boards here in Singapore is woefully limited.Just thought you guys should know.For reference,these are boards that fit within my budget and are available here
Asus M5a78l -m lx
asus m5a97 pro
asus m5a97 evo
asus m5s99x evo
msi k9n neo f v2
msi 970a g43

All the above mentioned boards are within my budget if get the 6300

if i get the 8350,only the gigabyte ga 990fxa ud3 is within my budget

Jaxem

Honorable

I don't care personally, but you shouldn't laugh at someone else for fanboyism then finish off a post with something like:

"are you ready for the 8 core revenge!!? :D "

Besides, so what if this game or that game runs better with this many cores or that type of CPU, what about the other 99% of games that run better on an i5 than an 8350? I run AMD so i'm not fronting for anyone, but one benchmark or system requirement list doesn't mean anything.

Darkresurrection

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
My recommendation:
CPU:either fx 8320 or fx 8350
MOBO: M5a97 r2.0 ....don't go with anything less than the 8 core... games are being heavily threaded, some famous old games which were not threaded are being rebuilt like planet side 2: AMD is the backbone of next gen gaming, so we cant deny its dominance here...these intel fanboys, some of whom declare to have AMD platform, suffer from lack of knowledge here, AMD's era...so it does what it likes

Darkresurrection

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

I have played all my games ultra up to now!! i play skyrim ultra on my fx 8350 and m5a99fx pro... not a sweat really, and I remember intel fanboy's writing things about bad fx 8350 in skyrim...well i have to laugh now!! crysis 3 was better on fx 8350, medal of honor war fighter was better on fx 8350, battlefield 3 was better on fx 8350, and in some other modern games you can see the margin of 3-4 fps!!! and taking into consideration these games are lightly threaded, it makes sense ( I go with one of nutritious web sites for backing intel so much)
1:http://www.techspot.com/review/591-medal-of-honor-warfighter-benchmarks/page6.html (note even 4170 is better than your i5 here)
2: http://cdn.overclock.net/b/bb/648x808px-LL-bbc9ae66_Crysis-3-Test-CPUs-VH-720p.png
3: http://cdn.overclock.net/c/cd/350x700px-LL-cd0c421f_Battlefield_4_Beta-test-bf_4_proz_2.jpeg ( i know i5 3570k is not listed here but you can't say that i7 3970x)
so where are you faaar better!!!? MMOS,JMMOS!? Strategic games!!! watch dogs is an example of next gen games, Ubisoft is going to employ the same engine for next generation, have you heard unreal engine 4!!? it's threaded like crazy, even worse than this engine!!! all I am saying, don't give wrong info to people who have earned hard cash, for your fanboyism!!! yes intel gives better fps in some games, and those fps are overkill, i mean you can play those games easily on fx 8350, it might not give 120 fps, but 90 fps and its still a way so smooth, but in heavily threaded games, and watch dogs is the first of so many, there is a big margin

Darkresurrection will you please stop ranting in this thread? I'm trying to help someone here. He's on a tight budget and practically limited to getting an AMD processor and board. And no we are not Intel fanboys. Please stop calling people 'Intel fanboys'

Darkresurrection

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

you are giving him wrong info...you are telling him what he is buying is inferior to i5...that is fanboyism!!! apply logic to it...fx 6300 is barely enogh, he needs to buy fx 8320 and reduce costs on his mobo, fx 8320 is 159$, fx 6300 is 120$....how on earth do you spend 156$ on a mobo to install 120$ cpu!!! THIS is not logical