even toms is infiltrated with social engineers.

chocostain

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Hi dearmy name is Miss Glory, I came across your profile and I personally took interest in being your friend. I will like to know more about you. Please I will like you to contact me on my private email address at (amah.glory@yahoo.com ) to enable me send you my pictures and give you more details about me.Hoping to hear from you soonYour friend glory

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Private message spam is a relatively new advent here, and our developers are working to address the situation. Thus far, there's only one incident of it. Unfortunately, you've been subject to it.

We're hoping to have the matter resolved before too long.

chocostain

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
So making this known to the public and making others know, especially newbies is subject to being banned. Not logging in online always is a crime? I just got a notification that i was banned from the website.

So I guess that's their way of saying "thanks for reporting the incident and making others know. Now you're banned".

Obviously, you're just trying to protect your own asses and you don't care whether the community knows this or not. Now you show your true colors.

For everybody's information the username of the one who sent the PM is golry24.

chocostain

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

How is this a mockery? If you're a moderator who has access to users profile, you can obviously read through the sent messages.

Please investigate further before crying like a baby. You can twitch all you can but the fact is there. Your website has been infiltrated by spammers.

Sorry about that, as soon as I realised the ban was lifted as you can see, if you had started your post with something and quoted the text I would have not have just seen it as the same spam that has been doing the rounds. No need to get your panties in a twist.

Poe's Law
Without a blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of extremism or fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.

More than a few people have been banned for either copying or closely mocking spam, simply because it wasn't obvious they themselves weren't spammers. As can be seen, it happened again here.

They are called "Private Messages" for a reason, not even us Mods can gain access to another users PM's, sent or received.

Golry24 went on a spamming spree a few weeks ago and was banned shortly after, a couple of people notified us of it (and most of the Mods received PM's as well).

D

Deleted member 217926

You twitched! I keep telling you to get that looked at! :lol:

Sorry that happened chocostain but Mousemonkey is correct. You should have at least stated you were quoting spam and not just done a word for word quote. We see it so much it's second nature just to ban the poster. We really do in all honesty appreciate you bringing this to our attention though.

I did but the medication ain't perfect! :(