Should I connect my Monitor to graphic card or Motherboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djdany

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
I just have my new custom computer, I have a GT 640 2GB graphic card and of course there is an on-board card too. So both the motherboard and the graphic card have VGA and HTMI ports. And also My monitor has both of these ports too.
I am wondering which one should I connect the monitor to? graphic card ports or motherboards'?

Also what port VGA or HTMI ?

And generally backgrounds on windows 8 are not really high quality in my 23" monitor. is it because of the low quality images or my system's setting?

thanks in advance

Djdany

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013

The resolution already is 1920x1080
Is there any other settings that I got to do?!

tom1l1

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
Wait you guys are conufsing me, I have a monitor that I connect to my gpu which is connected to my motherboard...that is bad? would get better quality if I connected straight to mobo? I didnt even know you could do that.....

The actual IMAGES themselves need to be 1920x1080.

MyDragonSoul

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
Your gpu supports up to 4096x2160 resolution. That is big enough for today usual consumer usage.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt640/specifications

Connect the monitor through a hdmi cable to the hdmi port of the gpu (behind the cpu case).
Make sure you are using the drivers that came with that GFX, and remove unused drivers (from your previous gfx card or something).

If you have any problem, it may be that you are using a i5/i7 cpu graphics or motherboard chipset and not really the gpu graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.