Which HDD to put on OS

SpectumHD

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Hello new to the forum. I built my pc in 2011 and has ran most games like a champ. I do notice that my hardware is getting out of date so last year all i did was slap in a GeForce 660 Twin Frz II. Boosted my FPS by 10.

Any ways, i want to prepare my rig for battlefield 4 and right now all i need to do is completely clean my.

At the moments i only have a Western Digital 500gb Hard Drive which is pretty crappy. I plan on getting a 1tb hard drive.
Here is my plan.

I will store all my games on the 1tb Hard Drive which will also be running at 7,200 rpm (bf3,bf4,Cod) and i will record on this hard drive.

I will use the 500gb Hard Drive for my OS and OTHER software such as Team speak, Winzip, etc..
I Also have a 160gb 7,200 Hard Drive that is at the moment completly empty.

HERE IS MY QUESTION(s)

1. If i install my OS on the 160gb will it be slow and take along time to load up on start up because it is only 160gb's?
2. Should i just use the 500gb for the OS and use the 160gb for software and the 1tb for games?

Thank you all in advance :D

popatim

Titan
We'd need specif model numbers to be sure but the 160 is probably using old tech and therefore slow.
The 500 would probably be using slightly older tech then a new 1tb and also be a little slower.

I would:
500GB - Os and non-game Programs.
1TB - Games
160GB - record to. You don't really want to game from the same drive your recording to. I'm not positive the 160 will be fast enough to record to once nvidia comes out with its recording driver; worth trying though.

SpectumHD

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Yea i actually tried recording to the 160gb hard drive and it was recording but couldnt record without massive frame droppage and was recording crappy resolutoin. So maby ill throw out the 160gb hard drive and get a brand new 400gb or somthing to record to.