"Battlefield 4 Loves High Speed Memory"

havocv3

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Is there any merit to this or is it just a bunch of marketing BS?

I've seen a few Tom'sHardware benches & a video by Linustechtips where higher Mhz RAM would yield slightly better, slightly worse or about the exact same. (1-2 FPS for best & worst)

AFAIK: Mhz doesn't mean much/anything to games, but it can be pretty important for someone who's running some intense productivity software.

I ask because I'm still not that familiar with RAM. One game suddenly featuring 23% gains? Sounds too good to be true. (and it probably is)

havocv3

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

But that's integrated graphics. Is it not?

The Corsair bench was using SLI 780s. And I don't think you need anything particularly special since those cards have a hefty amount of GDDR5? I'm assuming an integrated chip would favor higher Mhz DDR3 since they aren't getting anything like GDDR5 in the first place.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Like I said, I don't feel like I have the best understanding when it comes to RAM.

Don't matter when you use the integrated video or discrete video card, both reviews did compare the system memory scaling based on the video card, and show 2400MHz is faster than the 1600Mhz, also integrated video memory is different with system memory. For more info google it.
Here is other review for RAM use in haswell, before haswell came out the intel system is not affect too much by the the RAM speed. But the haswell system does.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell

TRENDING THREADS