Booting issues - looping and no video

ATarrant

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Hi guys, hope you can help me, i'll explain as best i can.

I've recently had some issues with my rig. Basically there was no video feed from the G Card in the top slot, so i moved it to the lower, and it was running at 4x speed. I thought this was a m-board issue, so i purchased a Gigabyte Z77-D3H, and transferred my i5 2500k, 8GB corsair vengeance RAM, Corsair 750W PSU, and SSD (i left my G Card out for now).

Im now getting other problems. After installing Windows on my SSD - the system appeared to run fine. However when i get in from work, for some reason the first boot-up seems to do a sort of 'boot loop'. It restarts a number of times, showing various BIOS screens for a few seconds, before finally booting up into BIOS. from there, i exit the BIOS, and it boots fine. The other symptom it's showing, is that some times it boots with no video feed from the on-board HDMI slot (usually works fine), so i turnoff/on and the video feed appears.

Bear in mind these symptoms are random, i.e. doesn't always do them. This is whats making it difficult for me to diagnose what component is cause the problem.

Another symptom, when i plug in my G Card, the fans turn on, and everything sounds fine. However there is no video feed. I then plug the HDMI into the on-board slot, and i have video.

Any help is much appreciated, and im happy to provide pictures of BIOS settings, the rig, etc.
Thanks.

G

Your graphics card is likely toast. Try installing a newer driver. Otherwise, file an RMA.