• No I Do not like shadows

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Maybe not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

torres

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
As the title say and just for information i don't like shadows:no: Also this is for PC gaming but console gamers are also welcome

Why would someone not like shadows?

I don't like any camera effects like motion blur,rain drops, blood splatter,etc
Because these camera effects are actually issues of the real life camera and not features.
I don't know why the gaming industry considered them as features

I like them playing single player for the full effect of the game. Multi-player, depends on the game. I remember playing in a F.E.A.R. tourney back in the day and kept getting creamed by people hiding in a spot that was dark because of shadows. Turned off shadows for the next round and I see them plain as day. Same thing with some of the BF games and smoke. Someone throws a smoke grenade, you can't see. Turn down graphics, you get no smoke and can mow people down when they can't see. Lower graphics for me in high-paced multi-player FPS I find are better.

whutupribs

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I'm the kind of guy who likes my games to shove as many graphical bells and whistles in my face as possible. I can agree with the argument that, in a competitive setting, disabling vision-impairing effects could give you an advantage, though. I guess it's all up to personal preference, but I feel like it's a waste to own a PC capable of playing games on ultra settings and then not get the full graphical experience out of your games.

If you are playing single player, or casual online shadows add that extra bit of detail I personally like to see. However, in competitive, or intense online its better off for the precision, and clarity. For example, I play SC2 on ultra settings maxed out because it is a very graphically detailed game, but pro players who are on computers 4x as expensive and powerful as mine play on low to medium. Shadows, unnecessary particles, ragdolls, etc, all get in the way to them. Theres a difference between a platinum player vs a Grandmaster.