LG May Release Chrome OS Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
So far I have been really happy with the products LG makes and if they put a great display in a Chromebook It will sell. Chromebooks need to gain more market share, most people don't need more but are convinced they do.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Awesome to see LG and Google strengthening their relationship. Both are great companies. Hopefully these devices provide the midrange Chromebook I've been looking for.

Today I was showing my family something on my Chromebook and they couldn't believe how fast it was.

Chrome OS continues to impress me every day. Especially on days like today when family members call me mad because Windows is updating nonstop and shutting down in the middle of work sessions or when it suddenly decides the OEM product key with the laptop isn't valid after 2 years of working fine and needs to be re-entered. Or how about when some crap mechanical hard drive goes out and a ton of data, programs, and settings are lost. Or my favorite, the anti-virus software has expired and they want something insane like $50 a year and people think they actually need it.

I think I'm going to buy my entire family Chromebooks so I don't ever have to do any more PC maintenance.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Really? We have our differences and seem to be somewhat on opposite sides of the fence on this whole thing, and... Well, you know I'm a big fan of my Surface RT, right? Well, I wouldn't be self absorbed enough to think that my liking for it translates into it being able to suit the needs of a bunch of more casual and general users. In the case of Chrome OS, well, are you *really* thinking they'll be happy with something that lets them browse the web and use Google services and... Well, that's it?

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Most of my family members are at or near retirement age. Everything they do is in a web browser already and maybe basic photo editing and word processing. The Chromebook handles these tasks flawlessly. No additional software to download, update, or purchase.

iTunes was a necessary evil before, but all 5 members of my family just switched to the Moto X this week. My father already had one first, now my Mother, Aunt, Uncle, and Sister all traded in iPhones and aren't looking back.

Now that everyone is running Android, the change to Chrome would be a simple process.

Average people don't need more. Especially older people with basic needs. Chrome will be like night and day when compared to their Win 7-8 machines running mechanical hard drives.

My father still has his Ubuntu laptop to work his scanner and I'll set up a Google cloud print server for the printer.

They will never have to "mess" with anything. It will just work, and work fast. Always.

As we discussed before, Chrome OS can do just about everything Windows can anyway aside from gaming which no one in my family does.

We have Nexus 7's for our tablet needs since they are small enough to read with one hand and are much more portable.

G

I want a laptop that is worry and stress free. With a chromebook, I don't care if my laptop gets stolen, lost or breaks. I know I won't lose any data and that no one will be able to access my data.

I have a cheap samsung chromebook and couldn't be happier with it. Battery actually lasts at least as long as advertised, fanless design, never gets hot. Very fast (well, it's not really running anything is it?) I like to think about it like an interface with the web or other computers (RDP, ssh). It's like an advanced terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.