Please Help, New Build Monitor not receiving signal

Huntdog

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Hi everyone, pulling my hair out over here

First time build after saving up for month's for each bit and doing extensive research to make sure I know how to do everything. I have finally got everything together (to my knowledge everything is working and there are no problems other then of course I cant get a signal to my monitor). when I boot everything goes fine I can even put my windows 7 CD in and the motherboard LED display will change from AE to AO indicating that its started the windows 7 setup? the problem is I cant get a signal to my monitor to set everything up it just displays check signal cable message.

my specs are as follows:

Raidmax Vampire Chassis
Samsung S22C300 Monitor
Samsung dvd optical drive
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA1150 Motherboard
Intel i7-4770k LGA1150 CPU
Corsair GS-800 800w PSU
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 Flex edition Graphics Card
GSkill Ripjaws 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM
Seagate 500GB HHD
Samsung 120GB SSD

I have tried the monitor on my laptop and it works with a Analog cable (laptop dose not have DVI) however I do have to go into display in control panel to detect it before it gets a signal.

I have also tried to use the Monitor on someone elses desktop but could not get the monitor to work.

a few weeks ago before I had windows, my SSD or my monitor I put everything together and borrowed someone elses older Samsung Monitor to see if it booted. everything seemed to be fine at the time and I remember seeing a message come up on the Monitor (something along the lines of "insert boot device" or something) I then powered down the PC and removed the monitor.

having not been able to get my new monitor going I borrowed the same older monitor to see if that worked, but i could not get the older monitor to work either it seemed to have the same problem.

CURRENTLY: My new Samsung monitor is plugged into my Motherboard via a DVI cable, however I have also tried plugging it into both the graphics card DVI ports and the Motherboard Analog port to no result.

Any help would be much appreciated I'm at my wits end.

Synysterenji

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
I'd say try to use different cables. If that doesnt work , check the DVI entry on your monitor and see if it looks broken. If it doesnt work on any of your pc's display ports it means that the problem is either the monitor or the cable you're using. I dont see any other apparent reason.

Jigger

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
We encountered the same problem with the same mainboard and monitor specs.
14 units no display.
But if we use a different brand of monitor, AOC 19.5inch monior, it works!

We flashed the BIOS' mainboard with an updated one. Problem solved. 14 Samsung monitors now works with the Gigabyte mainboards.