Celeron 450 overclock! Yes, I know it's not worth it. Anyone done better than 3.1 on air?

f688xt6

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
Actually, I got mine up to 3.1 (stock is 2.2, and it's a single core) and I was wondering if anyone has ever pushed these things this hard. Got a passmark CPU score of 1129. Doesn't really get hot, and seems to have probably about 25 degrees more headroom on the air cooler. Just wondering if anyone has done any better for curiosity sake.

And yes, I know its not worth it. Its just in a minecraft server that just functions as a back up. Just wanted to see if I could do it.

G

I got a 3200 on passmark with a E7600 at 3.8ghz, stock was 2.93.

My board died after 3 days, normal temps were in the 60's and 70's C with a crappy Xigmatech cooler. XD

But in non idiot things I've done, I pushed my Phenom 720BE (unlocked to quad) to 3.6 and ran it like that every day. Stock was 2.8Ghz.
Avg Temp with a modified stock cooler were about 34C idle and 48C load.

So yeah, without an unlocked multi, you're really pushing your system with a 1ghz oc, I'd be suprised if you could get it higher.

f688xt6

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
Yeah, I thought about swapping in the E7500 that's still available at Newegg. I just figured I'd try this first just for the hell of it. My main system is an i7-870 at 3.9Ghz. But I have run Skyrim on the single core with a HD5570. Worked ok, but the load times were outrageous.

G

I sold mine a couple years back(somehow still working) for $90 on ebay. Newegg still wants outrageous prices for some dated hardware, ebay is where I'd look for one. I hear the lower end core 2 quads are also good 'clockers (Q6600,Q9300)

f688xt6

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
I gotta say, this board that I have though... pretty stout! MSI G41M-P33 Combo pretty happy with it. The DDR3 helps a lot with overall system performance. At first it seemed like a waste, but since I had my choice of DDR2 or DDR3, and I had 8GB of DDR3... why not?

G

Wow, I'm still using systems with DDR2, I built one with DDR3 and tested it out for a while, but that one went to my cousins. I think I noticed more of the 8gb than the 1866mhz it was running at. I had Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 installing, 3 youtube tabs open in chrome, and Rigs of Rods running, using 5gb ram, and RoR was getting a solid 65fps with the onboard graphics on a 3670k(amd) processor, of course I overclocked the gpu 200mhz and bumped the multi up a few notches, great system and I wished I had one :p

The board I used for the E7500 was a Biostar G41-M7, after the overclock it fried the bios, although I blame it more on myself as the crappy Xigmatech cooler couldn't even keep my athlon64 cool - 48C at Idle.