Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

CyberPowerPC Intros New Hadron AIR Gaming Rigs

Last response: in News comments
Share
a b 4 Gaming
October 24, 2013 7:42:10 AM

So... Just out of curiosity, I tried to price one with an R9 290x and the configurator indicated the included 500W PSU was not enough once I chose the R9 290x. I went to change the PSU and found that I couldn't? Don't get me wrong... CyberpowerPC is a great company, but apparently, this Mini-ITX setup is not set up to facilitate the power requirements of AMD's latest cards? It seems like 40A on the 12V as it is with the included PSU would be enough, but the configurator displays the warning symbol?
Score
-2
October 24, 2013 10:29:04 AM

how you couldnt change psu? get the one thats meant for ITX cases, there are not many like it, but there are
Score
1
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
October 24, 2013 11:04:22 AM

"I'm going to get one of these with a dual-core APU!"

said no one, ever.
Score
3
October 24, 2013 3:40:12 PM

Just noticed a slight error... In the fourth paragraph, it says 500 TB instead of GB. I doubt you could get that much storage for $600 of PC.
Score
4
October 24, 2013 8:53:30 PM

Braunsleeve said:
Just noticed a slight error... In the fourth paragraph, it says 500 TB instead of GB. I doubt you could get that much storage for $600 of PC.


Typical writing at Tom's.
Score
-1
a b 4 Gaming
October 25, 2013 7:59:11 AM

hents1230 said:
how you couldnt change psu? get the one thats meant for ITX cases, there are not many like it, but there are

Only one choice for PSU was offered under the PSU section - 500W EVGA PSU.
Score
0
a b 4 Gaming
October 25, 2013 8:25:52 AM

ubercake said:
hents1230 said:
how you couldnt change psu? get the one thats meant for ITX cases, there are not many like it, but there are

Only one choice for PSU was offered under the PSU section - 500W EVGA PSU.


Yep, and I believe it's a proprietary form-factor. You can run a Titan on it, but not sure if it would handle the heat+power of the 290X.
Score
0
!