EVGA GTX780 Classified vs Asus GTX780 DirectCU II OC?

aduman

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Hi!

Simple question: Which card is better overall? Why?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance! :)

aduman

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Thanks for the answer. I can't decide for that one yet. It looks pretty unstable and is pretty loud right now with reference cooling and stuff ( I care too much about silence lol. ) . It is a great price/performance product and even outperforms 780 in most of the benchmarks but when overclocked I still think the 780 and r290x is very very close. I don't want this thread to turn into a AMD-Nvidia war so please guys stick to the question. In the end we are the winners anyway :)

Thank you.

aduman

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Do not worry I'll definitely wait for the price drops. Thanks for the reply btw. I already checked that thread but thanks anyway man :) The question still remains guys. I'm just collecting opinions here. Another question: Which would be the best non-reference card for using stock. (no overclocking.) Is overclocking safe on these non-reference cards? Does it void the warranty? I have a Corsair ax860 psu.

Thank you.

aduman

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Thanks for the answer. I think I'll go for the asus but I am still not sure... Still collecting opinions :) Thanks.

kieranO

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
You wont void the warranty so long as you dont overvolt the card, it has regulations to stop you doing this, so unless you use custom BIOS and overvolt you should be fine to overclock! :)

haha better performance with the asus? Sure the asus is a good card but the classified if made for overclocking. The asus cards are not made for overclocking. Sure they will overclock but the evga classified normally are the highest quality and clocked cards and the acx cooler right now is the best 2 fan cooler on the market. There are reviews all over the net agreeing with that statement. Not bashing asus because they do make a good card but in this case the classified is the better card.