Samsung Slapped With Fine for Bad Marketing Tactic

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
$340,000.00 fine? Barely noticeable, and they got their money's worth out of it. It's not at all surprising though. Dishonest, unethical and shady are probably the nicest things you can say about them.

Fabel

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2004
X had been doing these practices against Y on Z do they get fined.

Replace X Y Z. If you present no evidence...you are not better.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I liked Samsung products but every year they are continually trying to screw their customers more and more... especially the people who like to tinker and mod the OS on the phone. However this time they implemented, "region locking" that makes your phone unable to function in other countries with other SIM cards from other providers.

And don't even buy into their "activate once with "local" SIM card and then use anywhere BS" ... there are numerous people reporting this to be a lie.

Lachezar Tsochev

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
And the guy saying that AMD is doing the same is a complete douche, no excuses. It was Intel paying workshops not to use AMD products. And now Nvidia is doing the same with their battlebox forcing manufacturers not to use AMD for exclusivity. Foul language not necessary.

A fine is a fine. Can't give different fines for same infraction. Just because you could afford it doesn't mean you should be fined more for speeding than someone else with lower income. Same principle applies here.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
im not at all in favor of this behavior, especially if its hurting a company with minimal market share which is struggling to stay in business.

HiTekMuppet

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
That's Samsung for you. Zero creativity, shameless copying. Now add unethical behavior to the list too, whether it's cheating on benchmarks or doing something like this against a much, much smaller company.

I really appreciate creativity, in people and companies alike. Samsung is huge and yet most of the smaller competitors bring new ideas to the table while Samsung waits for successful or potentially successful products and puts all its might behind a copycat product markets the crap out of it.

HiTekMuppet

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
That's Samsung for you. Zero creativity, shameless copying. Now add unethical behavior to the list too, whether it's cheating on benchmarks or doing something like this against a much, much smaller company.

I really appreciate creativity, in people and companies alike. Samsung is huge and yet most of the smaller competitors bring new ideas to the table while Samsung waits for successful or potentially successful products and puts all its might behind a copycat product markets the crap out of it.

TwoBridges

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Apple saturates tech sites with free gifts to authors for positive reviews. The saturate movies and TV with product placement and they have the US president overturn bans on Apple while keeping bans on others!

THIS IS NOTHING TO WHAT CRAPPLE DOES EVERYDAY!

oj88

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Does not surprise me at all. It was not the first time Samsung did it, and won't be the last either. I've removed Samsung from my shopping list forever.

sulanis

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Oh look, people wasting thousands on petty arguments when people are starving all over the world. Just play by the rules and the law and everyone will be happy. There is to much technology and tracking devices out there to get caught with this kind of crappy behavior.

If Samsung's Philosophy really is "transparency and honesty" They wouldn't of done it in the first place. These actions are a direct counter statement to those words. I was always told as a child that "Actions speak louder than words"

ALL companies are guilty of this. However eventually everyone is caught. Apple, Samsung, HTC, Sony. Should be sat in a room and given the "Share bear" so they can work out there differences and stop being douche bags and play by the rules and stop treating the public like idiots.

Sorry for Bumping a rather months old topic with this post, but This looks like an essential-to-answer topic for me, as It looks like that I am being accused of something that I never thought of.

This is the evidence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6XayaLTw8

And many more... on their AMD and AMD Unprocessed Channel.

I know They said intel and nvidia uses Unfair 'Tactical' Business strategies. While I can think of it every time, There is no a direct proof. But AMD's case has a proof like a crystal clear glass. No offense, but if you accuse me of being an AMD hater, you really have no Idea what my posts regularly looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.