Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How do I remove ballpoint pen ink off of a check that my grandson got ahold of?

Last response: in Site Feedback
October 25, 2013 7:04:49 AM

My grandson scribbled all over a very substantial check with a ballpoint pen, and I just need to remove enough of the ink so the bank can at least read the amount, and the signature. Any clues? I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!
October 25, 2013 7:06:16 AM

Stacy Shotts said:
My grandson scribbled all over a very substantial check with a ballpoint pen, and I just need to remove enough of the ink so the bank can at least read the amount, and the signature. Any clues? I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

If this isnt a troll im worried
October 25, 2013 7:08:22 AM

When did Toms become Yahoo?

Best solution

October 25, 2013 7:09:10 AM

Call the person that wrote the check and have them write you a new one and void the old one.
October 25, 2013 7:09:12 AM

Why would you think coming to a tech forum would help your situation out? Sounds like you want to remove the ink for another reason. Either way, im pretty sure this isnt the place for you.
October 25, 2013 7:19:51 AM

I suggest you go ask your bank manager.
October 25, 2013 7:48:27 AM

faalin said:
Call the person that wrote the check and have them write you a new one and void the old one.

This is probably the best solution. Most places will be happy to re-issue a check after voiding/putting stop paymenmt on the old one.

But what category would we put this under for tech support? Physical data transcription error or maybe Non-digital physical media damage? :) 
!