Android KitKat May Focus Heavily on Connected TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Meh, Android hasn't introduced much of anything revolutionary recently beyond Google Now. Which is a shame because phone/device hardware is so much farther ahead of where the software and services are, it's disappointing.

Spencer Castillo

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
Android should really spend a lot of time polishing android and make it run faster. I like the customizablity of android and a lot of its features but it gets beaten by IOS when it comes to speed. Iphone 5s uses a dual core chip and yet still faster compared to quadcore and even octa-core android counterpart. Im using a galaxy S3 and I really love it but it crashes very often especially after the jelly bean update (samsung may take some of the blame for this).

Spencer Castillo

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
Android should really spend a lot of time polishing android and make it run faster. I like the customizablity of android and a lot of its features but it gets beaten by IOS when it comes to speed. Iphone 5s uses a dual core chip and yet still faster compared to quadcore and even octa-core android counterpart. Im using a galaxy S3 and I really love it but it crashes very often especially after the jelly bean update (samsung may take some of the blame for this).

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Android runs plenty fast on my LG Optimus G, which is pushing a year old. Only issue I have are with one or two buggy 3rd party apps--everything else runs extremely smoothly, fast, and properly. The advantage of Android is also its downside--being allowed to run on virtually any hardware configuration means there's less they can do to control the performance on the software side. I thought Android was crap until I stopped using low-mid range devices (which could not run it very well) and started using higher-end hardware.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001

I know what you have experienced. And wish it was possible for people to just install Cyanogen Mod from the Play Store without having to root or void their warranty. I have CM10.2 Nightly and the speed and stability is unbelievable. There are a few nice things that Samsung does with TW but I don't miss them. The only 3rd party app that will crash my phone is EA's Scrabble which is a game I love but it is also the worst coded app I have ever seen bar none.

Status
Not open for further replies.