Asus R9 280X DCII TOP Crossfire Psu Recommendations etc.

Title says it all. What psu is recommended for that, going to run 4770k stock, maybe OC later. Also what mobo is good for Bitfenix Prodigy M with CF support. Yeah, thats all. Appreciate all answers
4 answers Last reply
More about asus 280x dcii top crossfire psu recommendations
  1. A good 850W PSU would do the trick, 1000W would give you more headroom. Try to get a high 80Plus certification and make sure it's modular where you are getting a small case. A good SLI/Crossfire matx motherboard would be the Z87 Gryphon. Hope this helps
  2. nsaylor95 said:
    A good 850W PSU would do the trick, 1000W would give you more headroom. Try to get a high 80Plus certification and make sure it's modular where you are getting a small case. A good SLI/Crossfire matx motherboard would be the Z87 Gryphon. Hope this helps

OK, that helps me alot. Im thinking a fractal design r2 tesla. Its 80+ gold certified, but only 800W. Do you think that is enough?
  3. The power draw of a fully loaded R9 280X is 250W. 2 of them would put you at around 500W. I also have a 4770K and it runs about 87 watts I believe. Total system power draw would probably be around 700W. A good power supply can provide more watts than the wattage it is labeled but I wouldn't recommend pushing it that far. The power supply you got looks good. Just make sure it's modular, you'll need it in that case.
  4. nsaylor95 said:
    The power draw of a fully loaded R9 280X is 250W. 2 of them would put you at around 500W. I also have a 4770K and it runs about 87 watts I believe. Total system power draw would probably be around 700W. A good power supply can provide more watts than the wattage it is labeled but I wouldn't recommend pushing it that far. The power supply you got looks good. Just make sure it's modular, you'll need it in that case.

Ok. Thanks alot. That helped me really much.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Build Your Own Support AMD Crossfire Asus Build Components System Builder New Build