New i5-4670K OC Results

Just completed a new system upgrade/build. Put an i5-4670K together with a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard. Reusing my older hard disks and OCZ Vertex II SSD (keep in mind this only works on the Sata 2 Marvel ports as it won't work with Intel's Sata 3 due to Sandforce issues).

Got Windows updated and nVidia drivers and motherboard drivers all installed. Updated my BIOS to the latest F7. Decided to fiddle with OverClocking before bed. Stayed up way too late! I used a couple tips from these two guides:

http://www.overclockers.com/3step-guide-to-overclock-intel-haswell

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Haswell_OC_Guide/4.html

I have the Intel Integrated GPU Disabled at the BIOS level as well.

My system booted into Windows without flaw @ 4.6GHz with 1.2V and ran a "Standard" Intel Burn Test just fine. Bumped to 4.8GHz and it BSOD before Windows loaded all the way. Tried 4.7GHz with same results. Bumped VCore to 1.25V and it BSOD @ 4.8GHz again.

It is now running @ 1.25V at 4.7GHz and has passed the "Standard" 10 runs of Intel Burn Test in 179 seconds. Now I'm running Prime 95. My Antec Kuhler H20 620 is keeping it at 77C right now after 11 test cycles on Prime 95.

Very preliminary but I don't have time to stay up longer as it's almost 1am and I work tomorrow. Thought I would share!

Update 1: Just BSOD during Prime 95 @ about 20 cycles. Bumping VCore to 1.252.

Update 2: Intel Burn test failed on "Very High". Bumped VCore up to 1.255 and it has passed 10 runs on "Very High" setting. Max temp I saw on CPU was 77C. But it's also been running down in the 62C area (fan speed on my AOI Liquid Cooler must be throttling). Test completed in 1312 seconds.

OC_4_7GHz.jpg

Just ran 3DMark Firestrike on Extreme Preset.
Graphics Score 3716
Physics Score 9414
Combined Score 1521

Update 3: Been trying to run Prime95 to test the OC @ 4.7GHz. So far the longest I can run is about 30 minutes with Small FFT's on Prime95 @ 1.262 volts. This pushes me to about 81C though. Trying to decide whether to simply back off to 4.6GHz and be happy there or keep pushing the voltage up.