Will My Power Supply Run AMD Radeon HD 7750 Graphics Card?

rjmartin

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Hi Everyone :)

I purchased a budget desktop computer last month and so far it's been great, it does everything I need and I'm happy with it.

It's a 2.8GHZ dual core, 6GB Ram (originally 4GB but I added an extra 2) running Windows 8. It surfs the web, watches HD videos, photo edits no problem and I have been able to do some decent gaming, running the games on medium settings no problem.

To be honest I don't want to spend much more money on this computer however I would like to have improved the frame rate on a couple of games and somebody recommended I get a decent graphics card. At the moment I am using the integrated 6410HD one, after looking round I have found the 7750 HD on Amazon for £70 which I can afford.

My problem however is my PSU, according to the Asus website it's a 300W, I know this graphics card is one of the lower powered ones (one of the reasons I shortlisted it) but will it run OK or am I likely to encounter problems?

Here's a couple of photos of the power supply / specs:

To be honest if i am going to need a new power supply I will just stick with the integrated graphics card and play games on my games console, it's too much hassle and expense - if however it should run the card no problem I will go ahead and make the purchase.

Any advice would be most appreciated :)

Many Thanks,

Rob

massa902

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

I would not advise it. I was running a HD6450 on a 250w PSU and the PSU died after a few months. so it will work but if you keep running games on it will probably kill your power supply