Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Hi,today i just bought 4670k + asus z87-a motherboard

i want to learn quality of my processor

my batch number is:l317b750

i searched my batch but i couldn't find any results

Thank you for help

note:if wrong thread please move it to true thread

I just got the same CPU a couple days ago.

Assuming you want to OverClock the best way to figure it out is this:

Now, I’ll share a secret imparted by the folks at ASUS who gave several reviewers some tips on overclocking the retail stepping Haswell chips: Set Vcore to 1.20 V. Set all cores to 46x (which would be a 4.6 GHz overclock), save & reboot. If the system boots past the UEFI and either begins to load or, ideally, makes it into the OS and is stable, you have a 50th percentile or greater chip on the Haswell overclocking-ability bell curve. If it won’t at least boot there and make it into the UEFI, you probably have less than a 50th percentile chip. You can expect chips in the lower 50th percentile to top out in the 4.4-4.5 GHz range at 1.25 V.

If your chip will boot at 4.6 GHz and 1.25 V, that’s very good. It means you have at least an average chip. If it will boot at 4.6 GHz and is stable there, then you may have an above average chip. The best chips will be able to do 4.8 GHz stable at 1.25 V. Our sample did 4.8 GHz, but at 1.3 V and on a custom water loop. Using 1.3 V will likely put a chip out of the air cooling / AIO water cooling thermal envelope. Temperatures in all of these scenarios, from the dog 4.3 GHz chips up to the good 4.8 GHz chips, will always be in the ~90°C range. That’s just the nature of Haswell. With the VRM on-die, think of Haswell as Ivy Bridge plus 10° C.

Regrettably, according to overclocking legend Andre Yang, there is no way to bin Haswell for extreme overclocking purposes on ambient cooling. You couldn’t do it with Ivy Bridge either. That ship sailed when Sandy Bridge, well, went under the bridge and continued down the river. If you’re binning for extreme purposes (of which the esteemed Mr. Yang has binned over 500 chips as of late April), you simply have to take them cold. However, for most people’s uses, the method above to bin on air is tried and true through the hundred plus they have binned at ASUS headquarters.

http://www.overclockers.com/3step-guide-to-overclock-intel-haswell

If you don't want to OverClock then there is no point in determining the quality of the CPU. They should all run fine at their stock settings.

999_12

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

i want to overclock it.i have hyper 212 evo cooler.i want to make it 4.5 ghz at least.Did u able to do yourselves?

just wanted to learn if it has good quality chip