First time build, looking for advice :)

kylek

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Hey everyone. Well, my emachines from 2006 took a crap finally lol. Ive decided on trying to tackle a build myself. It'll mostly be used for web, and entertainment. I want to put all my dvds and blu ray on the hard drive and access it on my tv and surround sound. So, this is what I am thinking of putting together for now, all advice is greatly appreciated :)

Motherboard: Asus z87 pro lga1150 mobo
Processor: Intel I5 4670
Power Supply: Rosewill capstone-450-m 450w
Memory: GSKILL Ripjaws X series 8gb (2 4gb) ddr3 1600
Hard Drive: Seagate ST1000DX001 1 TB/8GB 7200 RPM 64MB cache SSHD
LG blu ray burner WH16ns40
Windows 8.1
Case: Apevia X-Dreamer4 series black/blue case with 5 included fans
Cost is roughly $850

kylek

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

I wasnt sure if I would need one, but looks like I will lol. Its taken me two days to figure out everything I have so far. I came across this site, and figured I'll learn a lot hangin around here.... Do you have any recommendations that'll go good with this build? As for the sound card, I figured Id need one to support 5.1, but will probably wait til Christmas to get one :/ once again, any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

kylek

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
I probably wouldnt get one til Christmas, so that should give me time to test out the sound quality on my surround sound. I was going to test out the video too, but if the Intel graphics are a guaranteed no for blu ray, which card would yall recommend. I wont be doing any gaming, but do love a good picture.

kylek

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Ok, thanks for the advice. Im learning as I go, which is why I chose the 4670 over the 4670k, as I feel I dont know enough to OC. I chose this mobo because I liked that it had the bluetooth and the wifi go allowing me to control through different devices. Do you have any recommendations for a mobo with a similar feature? Also as I learn more, I may want to upgrade. Another reason I liked this mobo. Thanks for the help!