PowerA Working on MOGA Controller for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Techies always seem to have a problem with Apple products. Something that is "programmed" into their heads like racism and hatred.

Apple has a wonderful platform that is easy to create uniformed products for. No other manufacture can easily say that they can have accessories designed for it and still have it compatible with future devices or other manufacture devices using the same OS.

As an Android user myself, I can say that Android had the lead with gaming controllers but because of the open platform, games themselves do not support external controllers and when they do, they do not support all types of external controllers.

Leave it to Apple to create the framework that is required to allow games to be controlled via an external controller.

audiophillia

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
thats an interesting design. it always makes me smile to see what they come up with.

@AndrewMD has a good point. The fact is that iPhones are the most common phone out there. Not the most popular OS but the most common phone. So it make sense for all the hardware developers to design for the device with the largest profit margin.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
@ AndrewMD
The problem is that Steve Jobs was a real pompus meglomaniac, but because so many in the world are sheep, they followed him just to be cool. There are definite pluses to Apple design to be sure, but thier product pricing is out of control. They are bilking thier zealots out of billions. It just doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.