Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a new motherboard ( Please Help )

Last response: in Motherboards
October 27, 2013 9:52:17 AM

Hello, I am quite new to buying computer parts and so on.
I need help with deciding what Motherboard I can get for the parts I have.
I am trying to upgrade my PC bit by bit because I didn't have the money to buy a whole GOOD computer.

So currently my system looks like this:

Motherboard : AMD 880G Chipset
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm)II X6 1035T
GPU: GeForce Nvidia GTX570 (Bought seperately)
PSU: Corsair TX750(Bought seperately)
Memory: 3x corsair vengeance 4gb pc12800 [( only 2/3 being used as MOBO is limited to 8gb memory ).Also bought seperately]
I intend to upgrade the CPU in some distant future but now I want to change the Motherboard. It pains me that I can't use my 3rd memory module :D  .

Tl;dr. what Motherboard can I upgrade to so that my other Computer parts will still be compatible. I'm not looking for the best motherboard out there because my money is limited but I'm looking for something good enough to upgrade my PC further at a later stage.
Thank You for your time.

More about : motherboard

a b V Motherboard
October 27, 2013 10:43:45 AM

What motherboard model do you have?

most likely the memory problem is due to the memory needing to be installed in pairs. See if you can find/buy another memory stick

if the motherboard has four slots, it should support 16GB (4x 4GB) of RAM
October 27, 2013 11:18:41 AM

Emerald said:
What motherboard model do you have?

most likely the memory problem is due to the memory needing to be installed in pairs. See if you can find/buy another memory stick

if the motherboard has four slots, it should support 16GB (4x 4GB) of RAM

Supposely it's just called 'Acer Aspire M3400 motherboard', I can't get anything better than that, sorry.
Related resources
October 27, 2013 11:42:10 AM

kristianAA said:
Sry about comment didnt to want to offend you but this mobo is just so shit:D  sry

I know it's shit :)  don't worry. That is the reason I want to change it, it was in the PC from the very start. and if you could recommend any better ones? I don't mind paying up to 150-200euro.
!