Do You Think I Could Build A PC?

CyanWool

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
I'm 13 years old, am patient and good at following directions if I watch a video. I'm smart but know nothing about computers. Do you think I could build a PC if I watch a video? Thanks!

Solution

Yes you certainly could. Building a PC is nowhere near as difficult as most people would think it is. It's mostly screwing parts into a case, and then connecting wires. It's a very streamlined process, but regardless you should do a good amount of research prior, but there are plenty of guides to help you out along the way.

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

Yes you certainly could. Building a PC is nowhere near as difficult as most people would think it is. It's mostly screwing parts into a case, and then connecting wires. It's a very streamlined process, but regardless you should do a good amount of research prior, but there are plenty of guides to help you out along the way.

Solution

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

I personally didn't use a video when I built mine. I just read a crappy guide and spent 10 hours crying because I had issues with cheap screws that wouldn't fit and problems with installing Windows 7. But here's an extremely detailed guide on how to build a PC which I kind of wish I used the first time to perhaps save some stress:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274745-31-step-step-guide-building

If you need help selecting parts by the way, you should ask us rather than use that guide, as the guide is outdated in its selection of parts. That won't impact the usefulness of the guide in terms of actual building, but just in the performance you'll get when playing games or whatever you may be doing. If you do need help, feel free to ask. Just specify a budget and the purpose of this machine (gaming, working, etc) and we'll find you parts for a great price.