Which graphics card for 3d rendering/gaming?

riniks92

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I've recently built a new PC, all what's left now is to replace my old gtx 560.

I'm not a huge gamer, no multi-monitor setups and whatnot just one 1080p monitor.
However I want the gfx card to be able to run skyrim with tons of mods(texture mods, enb..) smoothly and be somewhat future-proof for games coming out in the next few years.
Currently the only performance demanding games I play are metro 2033 and last light.
On a side note, I surprised how my gtx 560 is able to run both metro games almost maxed out(AA and AF lowest, medium motion blur) with dx11 and physx with acceptable frame rate.

As for rendering, I want the gfx card to be decent enough at it. I'm talking ray tracing small to medium scenes at acceptable speeds.
I'm a complete newbie to the whole thing, but I'm willing to learn.
I'll be using cinema 4D + indigo renderer.

The problem is I'm one a low budget - 250£ max.
The card should be one from the gtx series. I was considering the gtx 670, I'd be satisfied with its gaming performance but there isn't much info on its 3D rendering performance.

Please help me pick a graphics card that would fit my needs and budget. I'd greatly appreciate it. There must be someone knowledgeable about gpu rendering here who could give advice that I so desperately need.