Rat 7 6400 DPI Version or DeathAdder 2013?

electricfirebolt

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2012
I'm looking to buy a new mouse and I'm stuck between the Rat 7 and the Deathadder, I prefer the Rat's shape but then again I've heard lots of problems from Rat 7 owners whereas the Deathadder has had less complaints. I like the extra weight that the Rat has although the sensor is supposed to be better in the Deathadder.

I'm trying to avoid the fact of the new mouse that I buy failing on me about a month or two into use and therefore will be buying from high street retailer where I can return the product, I will also be buying a mouse pad for the new mouse so that's not an issue.

I'd appreciate some personal experiences with these mouses and what would be the best choice of mouse in your opinion.

Thanks much appreciated.

theawolwarrior

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
The reason you see no complaints with the deathadder is because you can use it for everything and it can be used by everyone, the mouse is extremly comfortable and easy to use along with the 2 amazing programmable button on the side, the reason you hear some complaints about the RAT 7 is because not many people can get used to its weird weight and the unusual DPI that it has, Im not hating on the RAT 7 because one of my friend uses it and is amazed by it but what Im saying here is that the deathadder is a much safer buy because it dosnt take time to get used to it!

the rat style mice are also rather prone to breaking.

i would say go with a razer deathadder. if you dont mind the new synapse software go with a 2013 ver however if you dont synapse go with the old blue led version which has typical mouse drivers.

electricfirebolt

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2012

How long has your friend had the Rat 7?

i've never owned a rat myself but i've seen plenty of the posts you're looking for.

honestly i've seen both people who love the mouse and people who have had it break or have the sensor issue.

its kind of a crapshoot. it might work well for you it might not. i would suggest holding one in your hand if you can first.

Octav Grigore

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
my rat 7 has a problem with the software that it doesnt recognise the mouse with that said i traded a deathadder chroma to a friend for it because i have the mamba and if i want macros ill use the mamba and if i want to just surf the web ill use the rat but i say the deathadder is an amasing mouse and my friend said that he didnt have the problem before but sth got dirty and that was the problem. ill be looking forward to buy the razer oroborus or the rat pro x but probably going after the razer cuz sinapse is soooooooooooo much better