Help a casual gamer finalize her build?

Tags:
  • Go
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
October 27, 2013 3:14:09 PM

Hey guys!

I asked for some advice yesterday about my build on here and a few of you were SUPER helpful, and I changed a few parts thanks to some feedback. Now I'm just wanting to make sure everything's good to go! So does anyone have any criticism for this build, or should I order it soon?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TL59

Thanks in advance guys!
--V

More about : casual gamer finalize build

October 27, 2013 3:18:29 PM

Might want to try and fit in an aftermarket cooler. Even if you're not overclocking, less heat is always better. Even a cheap Hyper 212 Evo is only $25-$35 and would cool your system much better and it's much easier to add a cooler on when building then afterwards, especially if you have to remove the MB and everything to add in a back bracket, etc.
October 27, 2013 3:21:25 PM

You are going to overclock right? PSU is a little overkill i think, a decent 650 watt will be enough.
Related resources
October 27, 2013 3:24:40 PM

DutchCoffee said:
You are going to overclock right? PSU is a little overkill i think, a decent 650 watt will be enough.

That PSU is also $50 off if you look, and less than a 650W would cost, so why not get it.
October 27, 2013 3:27:15 PM

So just get another fan? Alright, I was thinking about it. I think my case has 4 fans by default with 3 extra spots for them... So I should throw in another just for safety?

I might overclock, I'm not sure. And the Power Supply is because in the future I MAY add another graphics card, and it's also $50 off right now so it's about as expensive as the 650 watt ones right now :) 
October 27, 2013 3:27:18 PM

getochkn said:
DutchCoffee said:

That PSU is also $50 off if you look, and less than a 650W would cost, so why not get it.

Ah didn't see it.. thats a steal haha!
October 27, 2013 3:29:44 PM

Vircona said:
So just get another fan? Alright, I was thinking about it. I think my case has 4 fans by default with 3 extra spots for them... So I should throw in another just for safety?

I might overclock, I'm not sure. And the Power Supply is because in the future I MAY add another graphics card, and it's also $50 off right now so it's about as expensive as the 650 watt ones right now :) 

I wasn't talking about a fan, but about a CPU cooler.
Like this one

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-r...

Gives way better cooling than the stock cooler.
October 27, 2013 4:04:01 PM

Oh, my bad! Ok, so everything checks out other than getting a cooler? Alright, thanks guys! :) 
!