Help a casual gamer finalize her build?

Hey guys!

I asked for some advice yesterday about my build on here and a few of you were SUPER helpful, and I changed a few parts thanks to some feedback. Now I'm just wanting to make sure everything's good to go! So does anyone have any criticism for this build, or should I order it soon?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TL59

Thanks in advance guys!
--V
8 answers Last reply
More about casual gamer finalize build
  1. Might want to try and fit in an aftermarket cooler. Even if you're not overclocking, less heat is always better. Even a cheap Hyper 212 Evo is only $25-$35 and would cool your system much better and it's much easier to add a cooler on when building then afterwards, especially if you have to remove the MB and everything to add in a back bracket, etc.
  2. You are going to overclock right? PSU is a little overkill i think, a decent 650 watt will be enough.
  3. DutchCoffee said:
    You are going to overclock right? PSU is a little overkill i think, a decent 650 watt will be enough.

That PSU is also $50 off if you look, and less than a 650W would cost, so why not get it.
  4. looks good
  5. So just get another fan? Alright, I was thinking about it. I think my case has 4 fans by default with 3 extra spots for them... So I should throw in another just for safety?

I might overclock, I'm not sure. And the Power Supply is because in the future I MAY add another graphics card, and it's also $50 off right now so it's about as expensive as the 650 watt ones right now :)
  6. getochkn said:
    DutchCoffee said:
    You are going to overclock right? PSU is a little overkill i think, a decent 650 watt will be enough.

That PSU is also $50 off if you look, and less than a 650W would cost, so why not get it.

Ah didn't see it.. thats a steal haha!
  7. Vircona said:
    So just get another fan? Alright, I was thinking about it. I think my case has 4 fans by default with 3 extra spots for them... So I should throw in another just for safety?

I might overclock, I'm not sure. And the Power Supply is because in the future I MAY add another graphics card, and it's also $50 off right now so it's about as expensive as the 650 watt ones right now :)

I wasn't talking about a fan, but about a CPU cooler.
    Like this one

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2

Gives way better cooling than the stock cooler.
  8. Oh, my bad! Ok, so everything checks out other than getting a cooler? Alright, thanks guys! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Go Build Systems