TV Set-Up Suggestions PLZ.

BigBlak

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
This is my setup. Its a all in one set up, I love the chair and would like to keep it as it completes my room. For gaming it is not ideal and leaves me at a disadvantage and is pretty much uncomfortable so im looking for ways to improve that as you can tell my arm rest is pretty much my surface are. I dont have room for a desk as i have a dresser a 110g fish tank behind this pic and a full size bed to the left of this pic. So with anyone who cares to suggest anything what could i/should i do ? ive been looking for folding tables but none of them work i also recently just put a piece of plywood atop the chair which was the best i got but doesnt really cut it so anything will be helpful to give me ideas on this.

Solution
well... you have a few options.

-use slide under height adjustable tables similar to below (they make quite a few different styles of them)
images

-use end tables on the left and right of the chair to put your keyboard or mouse on

-use a lap desk (eg that piece of so called plywood.

-instead of using a keyboard and mouse use a controller

-use a desk and computer chair like most pc gamers do. i'm sorry to say that theater chairs and the like really arent very well suited for pc gaming even if they are comfortable. i'd love to have one myself but i realize its going to hamper mouse and keyboard use bigtime.

-mount the tv on a...
well... you have a few options.

-use slide under height adjustable tables similar to below (they make quite a few different styles of them)
images

-use end tables on the left and right of the chair to put your keyboard or mouse on

-use a lap desk (eg that piece of so called plywood.

-instead of using a keyboard and mouse use a controller

-use a desk and computer chair like most pc gamers do. i'm sorry to say that theater chairs and the like really arent very well suited for pc gaming even if they are comfortable. i'd love to have one myself but i realize its going to hamper mouse and keyboard use bigtime.

-mount the tv on a swivel and shift your couch to the side and put a small desk and computer chair next to it. you can then swap between arrangements by just turning the tv.

-------------------------------------

my personal opinion is that a couch or theater style chair really isnt all that great for m+kb gaming. while no doubt comfortable this very fact has kept me from seriously considering one. honestly the best options are either slide up tables, a lap desk or sitting upright in the chair and using a desk.

not sure you care... but this is how i arranged my all in one in a somewhat limited space. i use an office chair.

182ipu.jpg

Solution

BigBlak

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

Thats a nice station and neat too wish i had room fora large table like that but i dont. Since my tv is my center point and adding a desk and desk chair is troublesome as it will just be in the way when not in use i went out and bought a razer tartartus for gaming still not as effective as having a real desk i plan to place it on my left arm rest and the mouse on my right. The one problem i have is im trying to find a solid mouse pad but not as large as the gaming ones to use for my right arm rest are there any brands that sell mouse pad that are solid so pretty much imitate a text book or something ? when i type in hard or solid mouse pad in the description it only talking about the surface while its supported by rubber. If not then thanks for replying to my thread and trying to help me.