Building my desktop. Are these parts ideal for me?

Toxidius

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Hi everyone! I'm tired of the low-end laptop I use now, so I was looking around for parts and have created somewhat of a desktop build.

I was wondering if everything I am planning on buying is right for me. What I mainly plan to do with the desktop is gaming. I also intend to do other small every day tasks like college work and web designing. I'll probably only play titles like Battlefield 4, League of Legends and Batman: Arkham Origins. So is what I'm buying, ideal for running those games? Am I getting too much? Am I getting the bang for my buck or are there better deals around?

Here is the build:
CPU - AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz 8-core Processor
Motherboard - ASRock 990FX Extreme3 ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard
Memory - G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card - Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card
Wireless Adapter - Rosewill 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express Wi-Fi Adapter
Case - Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU - 850W
Monitor - Asus 1920 x 1080 / 60Hz

Thank you all so much! :D

Solution
If it fits into your budget the intel i5 is better for gaming, the AMD 8350 is still a good CPU though don't get me wrong. They recently dropped the price of the GTX770 to $330 which comes with 3 free games, one of which is batman Arkham origins so if you haven't already bought the game you will probably save money going this route.

The 7970 and 280x (rebranded 7970) are very good cards as well with the 7970 coming with 3 free games.

I would throw in a CPU cooler with your build, the reduced noise and heat is really nice. Look at the hyper 212, it's cheap and works great.
If it fits into your budget the intel i5 is better for gaming, the AMD 8350 is still a good CPU though don't get me wrong. They recently dropped the price of the GTX770 to $330 which comes with 3 free games, one of which is batman Arkham origins so if you haven't already bought the game you will probably save money going this route.

The 7970 and 280x (rebranded 7970) are very good cards as well with the 7970 coming with 3 free games.

I would throw in a CPU cooler with your build, the reduced noise and heat is really nice. Look at the hyper 212, it's cheap and works great.

Solution