need info on preventing copies of media

DOPERecordsEnt1

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
I am an entertainment production worker and Iwanted to know info on how to prevent my entertainment media cds and dvds from being copied and bootlegged...I heard of codecs thathelp prevent but where, how do you get them and apply them while burning or organizing my media..?. can usb files be protected as well? Is there an inexpensive way?

Solution
You can't.
If I have the file or disk in my possession, eventually (probably sooner rather than later) I can retrieve that data. Or find someone else that has already done it with that type of file.

I am not condoning piracy, but once you put it online, someone will get around whatever restrictions you put on it.

USAFRet

Titan
You can't.
If I have the file or disk in my possession, eventually (probably sooner rather than later) I can retrieve that data. Or find someone else that has already done it with that type of file.

I am not condoning piracy, but once you put it online, someone will get around whatever restrictions you put on it.

Solution
ultimately what usaf said is true.

you can prevent the masses at large from piracy by including drm however this limits your fanbase and it is ultimately going to be cracked anyways.

the problem at large is that many people are thieves. sad but true. an even bigger problem is that people who buy the cds post it online for the thieves to take. not really sure you can do too much about it though.