Frame Rate Confusion

Matthew McCormick

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Ok so I have the following specs:
AMD Bulldozer 6100 6 core (3.3ghz)
12 GB Chopped ram (My ramsticks were faulty so I havent had time to get new ram)
RADEON Shapphire 7770HD OC Vapor-x
600W OCZ Power Supply

I saw a video where a guy was getting 50FPS on CRYSIS 2 Max edition when playing on Very High whitch confused me. WHen I saw my Crysis 2 frames they were at 60 on High, BUT, as soon as another NPC walked on screen or even 2 or 3 of them the frames dropped to 25... not even shooting at me.
DO I have some form of Bottleneck?

I use IOBIT Advanced System Care and my Ram chumps up to 40% usage and the CPU manages to make its way to 20%. SO why this drop?
I don't have any overclocks bar the GFX Card whitch was OC out the box.

Any solutions?
Quick note my PC makes its way to 26*C when playing Crysis 2 (I manage to keep the inner shell at 21*C using fans and a nice system of always cold air going in)

EDIT 1
If you look up my specs (FX 6100, HD7770 Vapor-x, 12GB ram) on Game-debate.com it says it will run on the games highest settings fine. Thus my problem. Thought I should have been more clear

Those particular reasons for dropped FPS is almost always a CPU issue. While an FX 6100 may be "fine", it certainly isn't great all the time. That said, 25 FPS may be lower than I'd expect, even with that CPU. Also, are you using DX11, and was the video you saw using DX11?

Matthew McCormick

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013

This is a question I find hard to answer. I play the game on Default settings. The card says it runs DX11 and i just checked the game and DX11 was enabled.

Crysis 2 was released as a DX9 game, but a few months later, came out with an upgrade patch to make it DX11 and increase textures.

If you were using DX11, and the review you saw had been using the release game, that is DX9, you would expect different results.