• PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Jacob-Harris

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Not sure if this is a good place to put this topic but going for it anyways. If you are going to get one which would you get the PS4 or Xbox One and why? Plus don't say PC I know it is way better every one should by this day and age.

heids24

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
I primarily am a pc gamer. But I do play consoles for exclusives. I have PS3 and Xbox 360 so I am loyal to no specific brand.

For next gen, I have pre-ordered PS4. IMO, Sony historically has better exclusives so it was an easy choice for me. Include the recent marketing campaign debacle by Microsoft in failing to consider something as basic as customer requirements in the services they were going to deliver with the Xbox One, and I've lost confidence in Microsoft's ability to cater to the "gamer" segment. (Windows 8 is another example of Microsoft trying to push the market in a direction while ignoring what their customers really want.) Sony on the other hand has shown me they are listening.

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Exclusives are all about your taste. Do you research on them. As for actual hardware the PS4 has a slight edge and even when bought the Playstation Eye is still $40 cheaper. Both consoles have pros and cons.

For example, you now need an XBox Gold or PSN Plus account for online gameplay, however Netflix is still available to non PSN Plus subscribers unlike the XBox.

The XBox still uses a loud, hot and bulky power box on the cord and have had historical problems with overheating on the first couple of releases of a particular console.

And so on so forth. Regardless though, if you haven't got on on preorder good luck buying one for a while.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I will be getting the one for the added features the kinect and interface provide. Not to mention the more stable multiplayer framework. If I didn't have my home built PC though, I would consider getting the ps4.

Jacob-Harris

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Well PC is by far the best to play multi platform games on so i decide by asking my self what has more appealing exclusives. I love the Killzone, infamous, and uncharted and last of us if they make any more. I can get titan fall on my PC I do enjoy deadrising and maybe if there was a new gears of war, never cared for halo. so in the end i go with the ps4 because i enjoy the ps4 exclusives more then the Xbox ones, beside the game that Xbox one is using as selling point over ps4 is titian fall which will end up much better on PC anyways. Plus the Xbox does not even play 1080p and still uses AA batteries.

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

But also note that the Kinect will remain on and recording as long as the XBox is on. ANother common MYTH is that the Playstation multiplayer isn't as "good" or "stable" or what not. What proof do you have? Call of Duty? Too bad COD and the majority of shooters are player hosted and/or dedicated servers (which is not affiliated with Sony at all).

MikeEOD

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
I used to be a Xbox fanboy but since their current policies and how I was treated by their customer service on a number of occasions Id get a PS4 in a heartbeat, better exclusives and a better price.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
The only console exclusive game i like is Halo; so its a no brainer for me. Forza also isnt that bad, and i prefer the xbox's controller. Im also hoping to see some useful things come out of the kinect.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Sony's infrastructure is not as good, its not that hard to see. I don't have any concrete proof that the next generation will be the same but I hear xbox talking about all the back end upgrades and their cloud infrastructure while I hear absolutely nothing from Sony.

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

Exactly you have no proof. The infrastructure isn't worse. I am not saying its better, but its certainly not worse. Microsoft is talking about the upgrades to try and improve their incredibly damaged PR with this release. Do you honestly think that Sony hasn't performed any upgrades or changes?

swilczak

Distinguished
I was a console gamer for 25 years. I never realized how much the consoles sucked until I built a PC a couple of years ago. PS4 or xbox one? Neither build a PC you will be much happier, unless of course you already have a good gaming PC and you want the consoles for a few exclusives.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

You don't have any proof that its not worse so were really just wasting each others time. I can't find anything on Sony's infrastructure which should be worrying to ps4 owners. I could care less though, i'm getting the xbox one for its versatility and my core gaming machine is my PC.

Who cares about 720p and 900p or even 1080 p when 4K is getting closer and closer to being economically feasible for PC gamers.

Jacob-Harris

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013

I don't think it is that people are upset that they don't have high res me personally don't care about my res as long as it at least 720p but it does upset me to know that with all the money the Xbox 360 and Xbox gold made them that they cant even make the consumers a product that plays native 1080p its not like it is a new technology 1080p has been around for a while now, i just feel that it is fair for people to expect 1080p by now on almost any product that they buy.

Tseg

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
I have Xbox 360 and now Xbox 1. I cannot speak for PS3 or PS4 but I see a marked improvement with Xbox 1 vs. 360... have Deadrising 3, Ryse and NBA142K. The video is really quite good and I know it will get better. Initial loads take some time (but you can start playing games half way through loading). I really like the voice commands and having it toggle between TV, Games, Netflix, music, etc... There is no stuttering... everything is quite smooth. Knowing this is just the beginning of the life cycle I'm certain both PS4 and Xbox One will continue to get better. I am a huge Halo fan and look forward to the next release at the end of next year.

I like that either one controller or even voice commands can control all entertainment needs and not having to maintain a holster of all kinds of controllers. Within 1 to 2 more years there will be much more clarity about the "winner" if there is such a thing, but for those whose digital entertainment spans more then just video games I have to give the nod to Xbox 1. Sure I'm spending nearly $200 per year for Xbox Live and Netflix, but for me, in the big scheme of things, that is a small price to pay to have a well rounded entertainment system.

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

While the PS4 does have a slight hardwrae advantage I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I can perosnally attest to the fact there are SEVERAL instances in which the Xbone shows more detail/has better Graphics in BF4 than the PS4 regardless of resolution.

Also your judging both consoles by multiplat release launch games at the infancy of the consoles long life. While the PS4 does run native 1080p there have been several complaints of choppy framerate in those games while the Xbox is butter smooth @ 60 fps. Sony said themselves they are pushing 1080p native hard on the developers so maybe that had something to do with it. Maybe they decided to run @ 900p or less and Sony said no.

Not to mention these games were developed for PS4 first and foremost while developers didn't recieve the Xbone toolkit until much later in the game. Look at Forza or Ryse thse games are absolutely GORGEOUS and FORZA is native 1080p.Xbone is most definately a capable machine that can run 1080p.

I see so many people point to DR3 and say "LOOK>LOOK" X-bone GFX suck w/o even realizing that game was intended for last gen and ported to this gen due to lack of power of the X360. That and along with 80-100 zombies running around on screen at one time with explosions and all the rest the game still looks pretty darn good.

All I'm saying is I don't think anyione can point to a couple lousy multiplats this early in the game and rush to judgement.

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

Xbone can do 1080p. Developers have reasons other than "the consoles not powerful enough Drr" to not run @ 1080p. There may be extrea effects or the like they want to add they deem more important that bumping the resolution. 1080p will be on Xbone mark my words....