Need a MOBO for a 4770K & Quadro K600

TheTechFish

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hi,

I have just built a computer with an Asus Z87-A, 4770k & Quadro K600. After having issues with the computer not waking from sleep I have narrowed it down to being an issue with the MOBO. I'm not certain if it's the Z87-A hardware or BIOS (I have upgraded the bios to the latest version) but I think I would rather go for a completely different manufacturer because I don't want to have the same issue again.

I am thinking of the Gigabyte Z87X-D3H - Is it a reasonably good board to go for? Will it work ok with my Quadro K600? And how easy is it to overclock using this board?

If not what other boards would you suggest?

My other components are:

i7 4770K
Quadro K600
Corsair Vengance 8GB (Single DIMM)
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
WD Black 1TB
WD Green 2TB
LG DVD Burner
TP-Link Dual Band Wireless card - TL-WDN4800
Corsair TX850

Thank you for your help.

Joe

TheTechFish

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

I was having a n issue where when it went to sleep it wouldn't wake up again - the power light would keep flashing (indicating i was asleep) but the fans would spin up and screen would remain blank. I have tried using a different GPU, Different RAM, no wireless card installed, but nothing seemed to solve the problem (played around in the BIOS a lo as well). Apparently there are issues with Asus MoBOs and Seasonic PSUs (And I believe that they make the corsair one).

Anyway, I am hoping that a new MOBO will bring me trouble free and happy computing for many years to come!

Anas Bashar

Distinguished
ok, get the GB mobo it is a great one.
BUT if you had similar issues again (highly unlikely), then the issue was not the MoBo.
post a threat here if you face that issue again.
good luck.