3 Monitor Setup - Display Port Not Working - Windows 7

Duelz55

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
I have a 3 monitor setup, and it's worked fine since I've had it. My hard drive died though and I had to get a new one. When I went to set it all up again, it's doing bizzare things. I have 1 monitor through dvi, one through hdmi, and one through displayport. The displayport is the one giving me the issue. When I first boot up, only the hdmi and dvi are working. I have to unplug the dvi cord from monitor A and plug it into monitor B, and unplug the display port from Monitor B, and plug it into to Monitor A for the computer to recognize there are 3 monitors... EVERY time I reboot. The reason I think it's a software issue is the displayport works 100% fine before I download AMD's Cataylst drivers. I've uninstalled it a couple times to test that. Once I've installed Cataylst Control Center the issue begins. I'm just lost as to what's causing it. I'm using windows 7. Also, note, if just the display port is plugged in alone, it works up to the windows logo, and once windows starts, I get the "no connection" screen and it goes to sleep mode. However, again, if I do this exact same thing with no video driver, it works fine on its own.

Any help would be SUPER appreciated.

Solution
Do you game in Eyefinity, or game at all on the PC? If not then you really don't need CCC IMHO.

Another solution would be to try installing the probably previously CCC release you were using before the crash which seemed to work for you.

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Do you game in Eyefinity, or game at all on the PC? If not then you really don't need CCC IMHO.

Another solution would be to try installing the probably previously CCC release you were using before the crash which seemed to work for you.

Solution

Duelz55

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
Yes the main purpose of the computer is for gaming.

I tried going to amd's website to use an older version but it keep giving me an "oops" page -_-... Any other thoughts on a cause? All drivers are up to date.