Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

confused should i buy gpu+psu, cpu+mobo or monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 29, 2013 7:33:30 AM

i have
DG41CN LGA775 motherboard
e5700
2 gb ddr2 ram
500 gb hdd
gtx 650ti 1 gb
dell 305w psu
dell 1707fpt monitor 17"

i have budget of rs 20,000
i am confused
should i buy 21.5 inch full hd led monitor
or
gtx 660 non ti+corsair psu
or
i5+motherboard

mainly i want a gaming pc also i cant extend my budget

i posted this because when i was playing splinter cell blacklist it lag like hell even at low settings and 800x600 resolution

so i believe it is due to gtx 650ti 128-bit bus width and low memory bandwidth
October 29, 2013 7:45:05 AM

no man .. your CPU is a poor one, its bottlenecking your GPU, the 128 bit is not gonna be that faster but the 1st thing to upgrade on this build is deffenetly the CPU + mobo (dont forget the RAM and checking if the your PSU is compattible.

IF you have the possibility to order from out of india pls tell me how much is 20k rs worth in $ so i wuold be able to suggest a better build for less :p 

a b C Monitor
October 29, 2013 7:46:34 AM

well you dont want to start on the monitor, you'd need even more powerfull system to properly run a full hd monitor...

also you would need new ram as well if you upgrade the cpu+mobo, i5 are ddr3 only afaik.

going from 650ti to 660 isnt really worth it on the current system, the cpu might bottleneck it, otherwise it would give you around 50% perf increase. Heck even your current card might be held back by the cpu and ram...

So if your budget can take it: i5, mobo and ram would be the best place to start I think.
Next would be the gpu and psu, and monitor as the final step to finish it all off, when you can...
Related resources
October 29, 2013 7:52:43 AM

charmer said:
no man .. your CPU is a poor one, its bottlenecking your GPU, the 128 bit is not gonna be that faster but the 1st thing to upgrade on this build is deffenetly the CPU + mobo (dont forget the RAM and checking if the your PSU is compattible.

IF you have the possibility to order from out of india pls tell me how much is 20k rs worth in $ so i wuold be able to suggest a better build for less :p 



its 325.84$
October 29, 2013 8:33:36 AM

ringzin_84 said:
charmer said:
no man .. your CPU is a poor one, its bottlenecking your GPU, the 128 bit is not gonna be that faster but the 1st thing to upgrade on this build is deffenetly the CPU + mobo (dont forget the RAM and checking if the your PSU is compattible.

IF you have the possibility to order from out of india pls tell me how much is 20k rs worth in $ so i wuold be able to suggest a better build for less :p 



its 325.84$


Here's a buils the will need a 304W so if you have a 350W psu youll do just fine.
** this Build has an AMD quad core + modo + 4gb RAM + RADEON 7870 with 2gb of GDDR5 256bit :) 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1JTvL

Just get it and youll play black list on full settings


EDIT: Its 291$ all together..
a b C Monitor
October 29, 2013 9:31:31 AM

charmer said:

Here's a buils the will need a 304W so if you have a 350W psu youll do just fine.
** this Build has an AMD quad core + modo + 4gb RAM + RADEON 7870 with 2gb of GDDR5 256bit :) 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1JTvL

Just get it and youll play black list on full settings


EDIT: Its 291$ all together..

while thats all nice and stuff, it's also pretty pointless since newegg doesnt ship to India and prices there are different from US...
a b C Monitor
October 29, 2013 9:39:16 AM

go with a processor+mobo+ram(ddr3) first.
October 30, 2013 1:11:44 AM

Kari said:
charmer said:

Here's a buils the will need a 304W so if you have a 350W psu youll do just fine.
** this Build has an AMD quad core + modo + 4gb RAM + RADEON 7870 with 2gb of GDDR5 256bit :) 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1JTvL

Just get it and youll play black list on full settings


EDIT: Its 291$ all together..

while thats all nice and stuff, it's also pretty pointless since newegg doesnt ship to India and prices there are different from US...


Ohh i didnt know that .. there is another good build FROM india :p  :


Enter http://www.theitdepot.com/index.html And Search for this Items:

CPU: FX 4300 Quad-Core 3.8Ghz = rs 7385
Search the site for: FD4300WMHKBOX

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 = rs 4350
Press this link: http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Gigabyte+GA-78LMT-USB...

RAM: Corsair Value 4GB DDR3 1600MHz = rs 2710
Search the site for: CMV4GX3M1A1600C11


In total of rs 14,445.
its a great build actually AND you have ~5,500 to save for a Monitor GPU in he future.
You can also buy a PSU (btw you will need a new PSU with a new GPU).

Corsair VS Series 450W = rs 2535 and still save a bit for the GPU/Monitor:
Search the site for: CP-9020049-WW


Enjoy !!


EDIT: cannot copy links coz they are broken so i posted the items series no'..
!