PC Gaming looks better on TV than Monitor

ksred

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry if this is just a matter of common knowledge or something really obvious that I am just missing, but when playing BF3 on Ultra it looks better on my TV than it does my monitor.

My monitor is connected via DVI and the TV is connected via HDMI. I set the monitor as my main display and then I duplicate the screen so I see the same image on both screens. I hop into a BF3 game and instantly you can notice the difference. I was holding a sniper rifle and the green camo on it seemed so much more vibrant, as did the grass and foliage in the background, the greens stood out well. The picture I can see on the monitor looks as if it almost has a 'fogginess' about it, and when looking at it on the TV the 'fog' seems to disappear and everything is just so crisp and beautiful.

Now I've noticed the difference I'm kind of put off of my monitors! :( Even though I can't use my TV for PC gaming because it's wall mounted above my desk...

Monitor: iiyama ProLite E2473HDS LED-backlit monitor (24")
TV: Samsung ES5500 Series 5 SMART Full HD LED TV (32")

Solution
Well its possible the monitor is just outclassed by that particular tv. The tv is one of the best on the market. The colors could just be clearer because the tv is meant for crisper color. I would think that the speed and playability though could suffer since your monitor has a very low response time (2ms). I use my tv all the time for my computer. my TV works better for movies and youtube, but my 22" dell ultrasharp is unclassed in comparison to the clarity of the tv for gaming and other essential computing needs.

battler624

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
There can be many factors to the image quality, for example, your TV is LED lit and the monitor is LED-backlit, also your monitor uses an old TN=Panel tech. which doesn't give deep colors, i dont know about the TV but also there are different settings on each monitor that you can tweak to get the best quality..
just do that.

Moonsfang

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Well its possible the monitor is just outclassed by that particular tv. The tv is one of the best on the market. The colors could just be clearer because the tv is meant for crisper color. I would think that the speed and playability though could suffer since your monitor has a very low response time (2ms). I use my tv all the time for my computer. my TV works better for movies and youtube, but my 22" dell ultrasharp is unclassed in comparison to the clarity of the tv for gaming and other essential computing needs.

Solution