1st Gaming PC Thoughts and Opinions

LastOneLeft7

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
Hey Gentlemen.

Hoping to get my new parts for my 1st Gaming rig in soon and I wanted to know what you guys think:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VfXY

I had to make some last minute changes from a CM HAF X case and I originally was going with the Sapphire Toxic R9 280X but changed it out for something better :) What do you guys think?

Just a quick note this is a European build with parts mostly from Germany.

Surya Mylvahanan

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
1. The 900d is a bit big for you parts, its really meant for bigger motherboards and quad sli/crossfire setups. I would change the case to a similar 750d which will suite your build better and save you $140 in the process.

2. I wouldn't touch an MSI motherboard for now due to QC issues. Another alternative is the asus z87-A or use the money you saved from switching the case to buy an Asus Maximus VI Hero which matches the MSI's color scheme

3. The corsair h110 is a weird choice, i would personally go for an h100i. Although if you are going to overclock, the h110's 140mm fans perform better than the h100i's 120mm

Other than that, everything is set! Here's the revised build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VgQS

Tmplt

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
If you're able to I highly recommend you skipping the wireless adapters. Is there no way of connecting yourself with a cord instead, which is superior in the most ways? And why would you need two DVD/CD-writers? I've also heard bad stuff about the Razor products. For a mechanical keyboard many other recommends products like DuckyPro or DasKeyboard. I have no idea if these are in the same price-range as the ones you have chosen though.

LastOneLeft7

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

How do I delete this thread completely? I've already ordered my parts and payed for them so I guess there's no need for this thread at all. Thanks for your thoughts though!

LastOneLeft7

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

Yeah sure. I don't mind if others can benefit from this

LastOneLeft7

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013