GA-78LMT-USB3 Overclocking possible?

Gregory14

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Can I overclock using this MB, with a 880w psu, 16 gigs of ram, and a fx 6100, and gtx 770?

What settings in bios do i need to turn on/off and give me numbers please, if its possible?

Jake Wenta

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Ok for starters, read the stickies please. After doing that you should learn all chips, let alone hardware, overclock differently. For starters you won't need 880w. You will not need more than 8 if you are gaming, and 2x4 is better than 1x8. And you should get a R9 280x over a 780. The motherboard won't necessarily determine your overclocking ability-you and your hardware will. And if you will not use an aftermarket cooler, you won't get far regardless as temperature will not allow for it.
But read, read, read. If you just enter numbers in, you will not be stable and you will 90% just overcurrent the CPU or overheat it and fry your hardware. Learn as much about the risks and methods of overclocking before attempting it. (As easy as it may be-it is still dangerous, risk taking, maintenance in a sense, and something you should not do blindly)