Bad first experience with newegg.ca ? Mix up

jaygtl

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
I can't say my experience was negative because of a "mix up".
First of all its my fault my orders got "VOID" in the first place. But newegg's support rep's don't think we pay when our orders are VOID and that's not true.

This is the second day in a row I had messed up my order ($3800 order) and yesterday I phoned newegg and said hey... can I get a refund so I can reorder? They said we dont have your money, I said OK! I called my bank to release my "pending" purchase. They said its not pending, we dont have your money. And so I just thought wtf... I'll just wait it out and hope.

BUT today I got an 2 emails, one for each order STATING that newegg is issued me a refund on both orders. WEIRD how I can get a refund on items I didn't pay for. and using money that is still in my account. WEIRD. and the Rep couldn't explain my emails. or my bank statement showing the money LEAVE and GET REFUNDED. no pending. no floating money. Just transactions, back, and forth. =\ WEIRD newegg.

I have a PDF of the conversation between me and the online rep today, nothing for prevous reps as I called them and didn't record it. And I can do screen caps of bank statements with the obvious BLACKED OUT and emails stating refunds.

Whats going on newegg? my first experience sucks here, and your customer support sucks big time and is obviously feeding your reps miss-information. I would also never consider buying anywhere else. There prices deals and huge inventory of pretty much everything (even getting into liquid cool fittings etc!) its un-matched. =|

=O worst case I can wait a day which isn't bad BUT like.. its not the fact that I'm waiting.. its that the reps are telling me that they don't have my money x.x and I know they do!

p.s. if anyone wants a build spec let me know! I want to make a gaming rig that can also stream xbox games onto my (also ordered) Nvidia Shield.(Linkage below ;) ) To make my network more.. compatible I'm also buying a new router and a signal extender.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/621638/general-discussion/-solved-playing-xbox-360-or-ps3-on-the-nvidia-shield/1

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/622876/general-discussion/-guide-how-to-use-shield-with-non-xinput-enabled-games-and-applications-xpadder-etc-/

http://wiiare.in/11431-nvidia-shield-steam-games-compatibility-list/#xbox360
(very bottom of blog says "Play Xbox 360 / Playstation Games on Shield" see that part!)

GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY, SO I CAN GIVE IT BACK TO YOU, SO I CAN PLACE MY ORDER!.. plz & ty :)

Solution
I wouldn't blame NewEgg too much on this issue. When you buy something with a credit/debit card a bunch of stuff happens with your bank, your account, NewEgg's account and NewEggs's bank. Holds are placed, transfers are pending, all is subject to reversals etc. I don't know what exactly happened with you, this is very common. No one really knows what is happening because the complex transaction is in process and you have to wait for a day or two before all the players can approve/reject things. And it takes a while for these changes to propagate through the system.
I wouldn't blame NewEgg too much on this issue. When you buy something with a credit/debit card a bunch of stuff happens with your bank, your account, NewEgg's account and NewEggs's bank. Holds are placed, transfers are pending, all is subject to reversals etc. I don't know what exactly happened with you, this is very common. No one really knows what is happening because the complex transaction is in process and you have to wait for a day or two before all the players can approve/reject things. And it takes a while for these changes to propagate through the system.

Solution

jaygtl

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
I used my line of credit, but there wasn't any holds since I can see them in my bank account. And when I got the Refund email from Newegg the money was in my account instantly.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Take a deep breath and relax.

Newegg does not have your money.
Your Bank does not have your money.

What's happened here is all part of the electronic banking/online shopping world. Newegg electronic transfers occur between A:00 AM and B:00 PM. Your bank's electronic transfers occur between X:00 AM and Y:00 PM. Your transfers are likely caught in the dead space between these two time frames.

Newegg is essentially correct in stating, "Sorry, we don't have your money" because they've already processed your refund request.
Your bank is essentially correct in stating, "Sorry, we don't have your money" because they have not processed the refund Newegg has authorized. Nor is it pending because banks do not work that way. Banks will always process debits to an account before processing credits. This allows them to charge overdraft fees at their whim (it's one way they make money and yes, I've seen them do it on multiple occasions).

For each transaction change, you should allow at least one business day for each partner to complete their tasking. So if you request a refund on Wednesday from Newegg, you should not expect it to be completed (on Newegg's side) until Thursday. With that in mind and assuming Newegg completes their refund taskings on Thursday, you should not expect your bank to receive the request until Friday. This means the money may not be back in your account until Saturday.

Just be patient. It will all work out in the end.

-Wolf sends

jaygtl

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Newegg has the money, thats why right after I got the refund emails I got a refund. =\ It is instant. maybe its different for debit, but for my line of credit everything I buy goes on right away and when its pending it says so. when I put money on it I see it right away as a credit.

jaygtl

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
I wish I could upload the screen shots and pdf's I have of the emails conversations and bank statements. :(

jaygtl

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
At least the refunds came almost around the same time.
Yesterday they came @ 3:01 PM today 3:09 PM

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Dear jaygtl,

We are really sorry about the inconvenience concerning your refund. Please know that it certainly was not our intention for you to be inconvenienced or dissatisfied with our services in any way regarding this matter.

We are glad to hear that you have already received your refunds, according to your last post. Please know that we are available for any inquiry regarding this matter. Simply email us your order number at wecare@newegg.com if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to look into it.

Best regards,

Newegg Support