Should I Get a 29" 2560x1080 Monitor or a 27" 1920x1080 Monitor?

I'm looking at buying a new monitor soon, but I am unsure as to what I should buy. I do a lot of gaming on my system, as well as a lot of work which requires multiple windows open at once. The 29" 2560x1080 monitors I have seen online are expensive, but they do look very nice. They are like having two monitors combined into one, meaning I can get super wide FOV's in-game and have two windows open side by side on my desktop. However, they are expensive, and 2560x1080 isn't supported by all games, not to mentioned I'd receive an FPS drop from the higher resolution using my Radeon HD 7950. The other alternative is to get a 27" standard 16:9 monitor, which is still large, but lacks the attractive width of the 29" monitor. A 27" would be cheaper, but I can't help but fancy the 29" one?

I need some opinions on this before I make a decision :)

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about 2560x1080 monitor 1920x1080 monitor
  1. Definitely, with a 7950 better to run 1920x1080 resolution. So 2nd option. Have fun!

/Don't forget to pick a best solution everytime, the community members appreciate that./
  2. xtobymc said:
    I'm looking at buying a new monitor soon, but I am unsure as to what I should buy. I do a lot of gaming on my system, as well as a lot of work which requires multiple windows open at once. The 29" 2560x1080 monitors I have seen online are expensive, but they do look very nice. They are like having two monitors combined into one, meaning I can get super wide FOV's in-game and have two windows open side by side on my desktop. However, they are expensive, and 2560x1080 isn't supported by all games, not to mentioned I'd receive an FPS drop from the higher resolution using my Radeon HD 7950. The other alternative is to get a 27" standard 16:9 monitor, which is still large, but lacks the attractive width of the 29" monitor. A 27" would be cheaper, but I can't help but fancy the 29" one?

I need some opinions on this before I make a decision :)

Thanks

A 27" 1440p would be cheaper then 29" 1600p but i would advise not to get a 27" 1080p monitor.. have a look at the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vt0CJcUi4w
  3. Ectorr said:
    Definitely, with a 7950 better to run 1920x1080 resolution. So 2nd option. Have fun!

/Don't forget to pick a best solution everytime, the community members appreciate that./

I may be getting a GTX 780 for Christmas though, so that would dramatically increase FPS for the higher res
  4. xtobymc said:
    Ectorr said:
    Definitely, with a 7950 better to run 1920x1080 resolution. So 2nd option. Have fun!

I may be getting a GTX 780 for Christmas though, so that would dramatically increase FPS for the higher res

In that fact, u can rush the higher res. Have fun bro!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Monitors Graphics