Battlefield 4 Crashing Fixed with Catalyst 13.11 Beta8 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
Who bothers buying BF4? Have you people even tried the beat? Just terrible frame rates even on a 3770K + 670 SLI setup. Yeah yeah, I know it's beta but still, it was virtually unplayable, and I'm sorry DICE you just lost a potential customer.. =(

GoliathPtXs

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
BF4 plays smooth on my pc, fully maxed with 60 fps and i must tell you, campaign is mind blowing

3570k @ 4.5 + 7950 xfire

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

I love how you complain about the frames and not about the fact that its BF3 with some modifications and new maps. Dice is following the lead of the COD guys. They went from being able to man carriers and battleships to making them pretty scripted BS easter eggs of gaming years past.

Yes, I've played it, now stop spouting nonsense. I get 90+ FPS on ultra with no MSAA with a similar build. Besides some crashing, the game is very solid.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
@quarkzquarkz

comments like yours are the exact reason some companies do closed / private beta tests... u judge a beta as a finished product even thou there are 100s of disclaimers about what beta means

oxiide

Distinguished

Working okay, beta and release, on my Core i5 750 + GTX 460 system. Medium/high details, 1080p, usually 40-60 FPS but with some dips occasionally. I have some trouble believing you had "terrible" frame rates unless something is dreadfully wrong with your machine.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
It doesn`t crashes because of AMD drivers... i have a GTX 760 and still get a lot of critical errors.

@Quarkzquarkz , i have FX 8350 8 GB RAM GTX 760 and i play 1080p maxed out with no problem 50-100 fps on 64 player maps, so stop talking bullshit.

Durandul

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
While the story is a bit lacking, the campaign is drop dead gorgeous. Easily on par with Crysis 3. And the gameplay is pretty decent compared to the other battlefield campaigns. The multiplayer is still the best though.

shortbus25

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Single player is awesome!! I have had a few locks and crashes but other than that I'm kicking high with a 3.0 GHz Q6600 and 2 XFX 5770's and only 4gb of DDR 2! Stays above 50fps and often goes up around 90fps! If you get horrible frame rates your build sucks!!! Even on ultra I still hover around 40fps!

shortbus25

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Single player is awesome!! I have had a few locks and crashes but other than that I'm kicking high with a 3.0 GHz Q6600 and 2 XFX 5770's and only 4gb of DDR 2! Stays above 50fps and often goes up around 90fps! If you get horrible frame rates your build sucks!!! Even on ultra I still hover around 40fps!

SirTrollsALot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Crashing on multiplayer may be do to network issues on Origin side.. and maybe your router settings... Try disabling UDP on your Nic's and Router and see what happens... Seems to help me...

its not BS, on some systems/or could just be certain servers for multiplayer, this game is complete dogsh!t. Very poor, many are having issues even on high end systems. I managed to fix it by installing some c++ libraries and updating direct x manually from the game folder, fact is, this should be installed with the game, you shouldn't have to dig through fixes for the stuttering/lag this game has with certain systems. BF3 had no such issues.

BF4 Retail and BF4 Beta are two different animals entirely.

BF4 Beta was HORRIBLE performance wise on my GTX 770 + i5-750 @ 4GHz. Very choppy. Horrid. However, it was stable as I never crashed or froze and I did not have audio problems. Just severe (sometimes unplayable) FPS drops.

BF4 Retail runs pretty smooth on my i5-4670K 4.6GHz + GTX 770. However, numerous servers are having rubberbanding issues pretty badly. And the audio cuts in and out a LOT. Where as I never crashed in BF4 Beta I have frozen a handful of times in BF4 Retail. When the audio works, and it isn't crashing, the game is a fluid 60FPS @ Ultra 1080p for me.

Retaliator

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Performance/smoothness seem fine to me , BF4 @ Ultra Settings doesnt drop below 80fps, With my 4820K & 780SC So im happy. Its a shame a game partnered with AMD seems to have more problems than on good old Nvidia cards hehe :D

The game is awesome... when it works. Already a lot of patches on the server side.

The hit indicator is buggy as hell and cuts out while you're streaming bullets into an enemy. When the hit indicator goes away, you don't do damage. I've emptied darned near an entire clip from an M240 into someone the IRL equivalent of 20 ft away and had a stroboscopic hit indicator by which damage is done only 20% of the time. Took almost the whole clip. That's insane and just one of the things they need to fix.

Queues weren't even functioning until yesterday. Reserve lists have no meaning yet. The server patches are coming pretty quickly, though.

COD won't even compare though. Heck, they don't include any actual gameplay in a COD commercial because they know if you've already seen BF4, you wouldn't even consider COD. It's like that just about every release.

Single player COD is fun, though.

cpl_ledanek

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
I'm done with these giant publishers, like EA or Activision. Time support Indie Game Developers like Blackfoot Studios or Serellan. Takedown was released thru Kickstarter. Now Blackfoot Studio's Ground Branch is about to get another Kickstarter in January 2014. Time to get Tactical Gaming back

lofficer1

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I was having issues with crashes on BF4. Someone told me to go into the origin site that shows your games - then right click on the BF4 title - select properties - click disable system properties.... then select 64bit or whatever you have...It seems to have worked.

Woody87

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
These beta drivers do not fix the Battlefield 4 crashing for everyone...It improved my experience slightly but didn't fix the game. I was hard freezing in the game's user interface and clicking on certain things still causes that. Even with the updated beta drivers I still can't get through an entire Battlefield 4 multiplayer map without crashing. Not fixed! I didn't want to waste a whole day trying to tweak my drivers for this game when every other game runs fine. It's EA's job to make Battlefield 4 run stable, not mine!
i7-3630QM / AMD 7970M / 8.1 x64 / catalyst 13.11b v9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.