First build, should i wait for thanksgiving?

zdy132

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
I just made a list of components for my first build on http://pcpartpicker.com/user/zdy132/saved/2Iry.
1. How are my choices? Will there be any better bargains?
2. Will there be any compatibility problems, power problems or overheating?
3. My friend suggests me to wait for thanksgiving, but i doubt will there be discounts for my choices? Should i wait fot it?
4. For the video card, amazon has an offer, with which i can get three games come with the GTX 770( Assassin’s Creed IV:Black Flag, Splinter Cell:Black List, and Batman Arkham Origins),
but it doesn't say when will it end. If i wait for thanksgiving, what's the chance that it expires? And if it expires, will the discount outworth these three games?

Solution
No telling what will be on sale, many good items and many doggie items, the 3 game bundle is often till supplies run out so no way of telling unless they give a date.

The build looks good, I think Asus has the best handle on the Z87/Haswell so would suggest looking at the Asus Z87-Pro or the Z87-Hero, I chose the Hero after about 20 build between Asus, the Rock and GB mobos and the Asus mobos OC better, run cooler, handle DRAM better and have a finer tuning BIOS in general

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
No telling what will be on sale, many good items and many doggie items, the 3 game bundle is often till supplies run out so no way of telling unless they give a date.

The build looks good, I think Asus has the best handle on the Z87/Haswell so would suggest looking at the Asus Z87-Pro or the Z87-Hero, I chose the Hero after about 20 build between Asus, the Rock and GB mobos and the Asus mobos OC better, run cooler, handle DRAM better and have a finer tuning BIOS in general

Solution

Nada190

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2013
Don't wait, start finding one component at a time on sale and buy it, doubt every single thing you want will go on sale at the same time.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
And be open to different brands, for Black Friday, be ready, may even want multiple Windows open, one each to favorite shopping sites and watch for hourly specials (like the Egg), know last year think I placed like 15 separate orders from like 5 places just on system components, and more are hunting/camping gear, et al

zdy132

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

Thanks for your reply, I decided to get all the components now and return(or replace, it the return time limit has expired) them if i find better deals on Black Friday.