HELPPP cant get my tv connected to internet

tshae03

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
I have a Panasonic Smart Vierra TV and it is connected to my wifi router through ethernet cable...it has been working just fine until ab a week ago and it says my ethernet cable is connected but cant get an ip address from the router but when i manually put in the ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway numbers from my router it then tells me it has no internet connection????? I have tried everything...I just dont undertsand y it quit working? Could it b my eternet cable could it be bad?? HELPPP!!!!

RealBeast

Titan
If you give your TV a static address you also need to enter that address and the TV's MAC address into the router static table and it should be outside of the DHCP assignable range but still within the network range.

If you allow the TV to obtain an IP address automatically, then you do not need to make any specific entries in the router.

While Ethernet cables are fairly tough, they can be damaged, so it would be worth checking, also try another port on your router -- ports can go bad too.