Looking for help on 2 issues I am facing

JimiG

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
To start off, I am not computer illiterate. I know my way around but however I am a novice when it comes to playing around inside a computer. I received the PC as is, so I am not sure exactly what it is or what parts are in it. The casing does say Cyberpower PC and on the bottom fro t it says Thermal take - it has AMD chipsets - When I boot up the computer the first screen you see is MSI Screen. I have 8gb RAM and dual fans. There is one mounted on the back and front of the casing as well as a small black fan that I assume is the CPU fan.

The first issue I have is an intermittent one. But I happens more than it doesn't. When I boot up my computer...I get the MSI screen followed by the windows Loading screen (windows 8) and then my PC will reboot and do it again. Eventually windows tries to repair itself but never does. In order to get around this, I usually have to wait for the MSI screen and at the same time my PC beeps...I push the reboot button on the front of the PC and it Posts just fine - my question is to what is causing this and how to fix it? I have tried a few different hard drives with no different outcome - any insight would be great.

The second issue is fan related - When I first turn on the PC the fan makes a rattling obnoxious sound for a about 5 minutes and then quiets down. Now the fan I believe it is is the rear one mounted on the casing but it's not far from the mini black one that looks to be the CPU fan. Should I worry about this? And any idea why it does this?

Thank you in advance!

Tighten the screws on the fan and make sure there are no wires in the way. For your booting issue, it sounds like it could be a motherboard or HDD issue, more likely HDD. You can test it with a different HDD, either from another computer of yours, or a friend's if you don't have a spare.

spyrizzle

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
update the bios. make sure in the bios settings that the bios options are set correctly to match the os install.
is secure boot enabeled or disabeled? is legacy enabeled?
windows 8 is best used on a uefi bios.

check and be sure the fan is not damaged, check each blade for stress crcks or breaks.