Oculus VR: Just One Version of Oculus Rift for PC and Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoobunny

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Carmack is on it. The actual artwork part of the demos may end up being awful (all drab green and brown and grey) but the underlying performance will be amazing, and then all that remains is for someone to come along and pretty it up (Quake -> Unreal again).

brazuka331, my 27" monitor and my 46" television both work fine with my android smartphone. They are displays. They get a signal through a hdmi cable. This is a display. It will display stuff.

What may or may not be awful is the content created by people to make use of this display.

It's good to see Carmack actually working on something useful rather than just talking about other people's stuff. The man is a legend an has contributed an awesome lot to gaming, but it has been sometime since he's done something noteworthy. I'm just fed up with people making something news because "Carmack said so".

cegli

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
@brazuka331 "Anything that working on android and PC is guaranteed to be awful."

So basically you are claiming that HDTV's and Monitors are awful, because they can be attached to both Android phones and PCs. This is exactly the same thing. I have the devkit and it's far from awful. Haven't had this much fun with technology since the N64 and internet came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.