Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EVGA 600B

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

ferret mocha latte

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Hey everyone,
I am would like to know what you think of the customer service of Be Quiet vs EVGA.

I am currently looking at a new PSU to fulfill my BitFenix Phenom build. I am migrating from a Fractal Design Node 304 with a Corsair AX 650 power supply and the PSU is very tight in my new build making hiding away cables a chore. (I know that people will question why I am selling it, but I want to keep my case as manageable as possible with the best PSU. The AX 650 pushes 160mm which, as shown in many videos for mITX cases, pushes the envelope for fitting in the case. There are a few people that have used PSU standoffs but that looks ugly.) I saw that NCIX built a Prodigy with an EVGA 500B in it and it looked like there was plenty of space in the front of the PSU when in the housing in the case.

I used Thermaltake's PSU calculator and got 508W under normal usage for the following:
OC'd i5 2500k
16 gb RAM
2x 2TB HDDs
1 256GB SSD
1 NZXT Kraken X40 with 2 140MM Fans
1 Scythe 120MM Exhaust Case Fan at the top
1 Cooler Master 200MM Intake Case fan.

I figured that either opting for these PSUs or a Silverstone 600W would give me plenty of play to fit in my case. I have heard that Silverstones are not as robust or reliable as other manufacturers.

I think the Be Quiet's have HEC components and the EVGA Seasonic components.

I was looking at Be Quiet, but my concerns were with the fact that they are in Germany and the cost of performing an RMA to have a $60 PSU shipped to Germany would outweigh the benefits of buying one. It would probably be better to just buy another PSU from them at that point.

What's your advice?

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
EVGA 600B is made by HEC , and is a decent unit.

Be Quiet Power Zone Series is made by FSP and are also decent units.

The Be Quiet Pure Power Series is HEC.

Some of the Dark Pro units from Be Quiet are Seasonic.

I would get the EVGA.

ferret mocha latte

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

Thanks man I purchased the EVGA 600B.