Dell Inspiron N5010 Display error and repeated BSODs and HDD error....

Rohit G Nair

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I have a 2 year old Dell Inspiron N5010 which has some errors. It usually shows "display driver stopped working and has recovered" and now I get repeated BSODs after 15 min of use with the error message "Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout failed" and a file "ATIKMPAG.sys". Does my hard drive which has some bad sectors failed or any other things failed and also it used to overheat while playing games and I have already cleaned it and replaced my h HDD and BSOD with same message came again and I replaced it with a HDD from a local techinician and I put back my HDD and now it shows "Boot media not detected and insert boot media in the selected one". What to do ? Will replacing with a brand new HDD solve my problem My specs are: Intel core i5 M480 ATI Radeon HD 5650 WD 500 GB HDD 4 GB 1333 mhz RAM..... I have also checked my RAM for errors bht there are no errors with it and also the BSODs are stopped as soon as I disable my display adapter that is graphic card in device manager but when I enable it back it fails again and also before the Blue Screens my laptop sometimes show some weird lines and dots and display acting little bit weird. Kindly help me with my issue.

Rohit G Nair

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I have already run it and it showed HDD status as not applicable and also during video rainbow colour test I done it two times and 1 time it was full of small dots all over.

redheat2010

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
That means hard drive is faulty need to get it replaced is the system is warranty, and if u are getting dots checked on an external monitor if display is fine then lcd also needs to be replaced

Rohit G Nair

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I have a given it for HDD replacement and I also want to know whether my graphic card is faulty. Blue Screens were coming only when graphic card is enabled and if disables no BSODs will appear. And also the blue screens appear as soon as the graphic card temperatures reach 58c to 60c. Kindly help me out.