CyberPower PC worth it?

g-unit1111

Titan
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Cyberpower has an incredibly iffy reputation. They use a lot of sub par components (Raidmax, Apevia, Asetek), all the critical components are mystery brands, and they overcharge for the components they do use. Add in extremely sub par technical support and Cyberpower is an extremely difficult computer experience no matter what your technical expertise level is.

chakra

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Really? I've gotten different (mixed) answers from some people so I'm feeling iffy, but that seemed like a good deal to me (in a way).

chakra

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Oh I really like that one better! Thank you! I do have a few questions though, though gaming is the main aspect of the PC I want to buy, I do intend to stream, edit videos for both games and film projects I have been (slowly and painfully) doing with my Q8300 CPU and whatnot. Do you still suggest the i5?

g-unit1111

Titan

Well the people who are pro Cyberpower are just plain wrong, there's no other way to say it. They're generally considered a laughing stock among serious system builders and legitimate vendors. What makes them bad is the sub par components they use and their equally atrocious technical support.

No. Building your own computer is more durable + cheaper.
sig.jpg

sig.jpg

chakra

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

To add to my "Oh I really like that one better! Thank you! I do have a few questions though, though gaming is the main aspect of the PC I want to buy, I do intend to stream, edit videos for both games and film projects I have been (slowly and painfully) doing with my Q8300 CPU and whatnot. Do you still suggest the i5?"
---
Why is the 7990 unreliable? Isn't it the top of the GPU hierarchy for AMD?

YunoGpc

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015

No. Very big no. Using that money, you can BUILD your own pc that would dominate any game and run everything at highest settings.
You can even make a 800 dollar build that will do as much as that.

I'm 14. I've built a pc for 500. Its great and worth it. I recommend you learn how to build one (if you do not know).
Its a big save for your money.