please help on finding the best gaming transportable computer

Gaulwa

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Hello,
I am a Game designer working for a big game company.
I travel between US, China and Europe, and I am looking for a powerful gaming computer but also an easily transportable one.
(budget 3000$)

An upgradable laptop would be the best, but my knowledge they do not really exist.

So I am looking into finding a mini-gaming computer that could fit in a hand luggage airplane bag. Preferably with a screen.
I have been looking at the Falcon Tiki and the Digital Storm bolt, but they always ship with an operating system and hard drives plus a full configuration included. This turned me off as I already have plenty hard drives lying around.
Next best was the ASRock M8, but it's a bit too big and thick...

Can someone help me build the ultimate gaming rig to impress all my colleagues and allow me high-quality gaming, triple screen connectivity, and video streaming/recording ?

Cheers
G.

Alpha-Black

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421656,00.asp Check link
i hope this will help you better.
:)
Remember to select the best answer That will help others to make quick selection :D

Gaulwa

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Anyone?
I am looking for the smallest possible computer without sacrificing too much desktop performances or upgradability.

Research as put the Falcon NW Tiki on top of my list.
What do you think? Is the Tiki graphic card easily up-gradable?
Is there any other mini-ITX case configuration to concurrence the Tiki? I would like something with enough space for big graphic cards, and Raid 1 of good old 3,5" HDD

ncasolo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I would recommend something from Falcon Northwest. They have a variety of small form factor PCs that are extremely powerful. They're not cheap, but considering your needs I think they're a good option.

http://www.falcon-nw.com/

Specifically I'd recommend a Fragbox for portability.

Here's the build I came up with
i5-4670K (Overclocked)
Liquid Cooling
16GB 1866mhz RAM
120GB SSD
1TB HDD
2x780 3GB video cards

$2,952.00.

An i7 is possible, but not under $3k unless you want to drop to dual 770 video cards.