First Build: 900$/650€ Gaming PC

TheSlimyPig

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
So, i'm making my first build, and want to know i these components are good for 1080p gaming with recording (and slight video editing). Not really into OCing, but might in future. My max budget is 950$/700€. So tell me what to change.

Components:
CPU: AMD fx 8320 3.5 Ghz (4.0 Ghz turbo)
GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x 3GB GDDR5
RAM: 8GB A-DATA gaming series 1866 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus m5a97 LE r2.0
Case: Nzxt tech. 220 source
PSU: XFX pro 650w core edition
DVD drive: LG GH24NS95
HDD: SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.12 500GB

TheSlimyPig

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013

Thank you a lot :), but is it better if i get an i5 4670k? I was also thinking about a fx 8350

i5 is obviously better but the 8350 will do just as well... BF4 is optimized for AMD so you will benefit from it.

You alone will have to decide if the price - performance is worth the spike in price.

Just remember that if you decide to go Intel you need a different Motherboard, I suggest a Z87

Instead of the 280X you could save money by getting a 7970 which should perform either the same or a bit better.
sig.jpg

TheSlimyPig

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013

Generally speaking, what is the best brand for mobos, becous asus should be the best, but i don't know if asrock is good (i think it's worse than asus becous its an under brand, but i could be wrong)

P.S.
Where are you from?

I like Asus because ...well I'm not sure I just do.

Gigabyte are also good, ASrock use to be the "cheap" Asus department but they broke off...

Apparently they are good quality now.

In all honesty it comes down to what are you willing to spend? If you can spend more go for it (Asus) I love their pro/deluxe line of mobo's

MSI, Gigabyte, Asrock if you can't afford Asus (they are also good, nowadays very few of the big names produce lesser quality)

I also love the Asus BIOS (they redid it a few years ago) small things, but they add allot.

I am just throwing this out there so you know I'd recommend you get the Asus Sabertooth 900FX if you can afford it and the budget allows it.

If not don't sweat it your mobo is still fine and will get the job done for many years :)

I'm from South Africa :)