Intel Core i5 4670K perfect for this motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H)?

kanade

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Due having so much problem with my current motherboard, I decided that it would be best to get a new CPU and motherboard instead of waiting for the RMA (which takes around roughly two weeks or so). The reason why I can't wait for my RMA is because I don't have any devices to substitute my motherboard or desktop as whole and I need a computer for the next few weeks for my projects... not to mention I have no one around who's willing to let me borrow his/her desktop/laptop.

Anyway, My specs are:
- CPU: Intel I7 870 Socket 1156 LGA
> CPU cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 13
- Mobo: Gigabyte P55A-UD3 rev.2 (this is my original mobo, not the temporary replacement one)
- RAM: 8GB DDR3
- GPU: Sapphire HD7950 3072MB
- SSD: Intel 330 180GB
- HDD x 2: 500GB WD Black
2TB Samsung F4EG
- PSU: 700W XIGMATEK 80+

My budget is around $500 in AUD and I will buy the parts from here http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index.
On the other forum, I was recommended Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H and an Intel Core i5 4670K. However, I'm kind of tempted to get i7 since my current rig is using one though that'll really push my budget to $600 mark. More so, if I can afford that i7 I should probably get a little bit better motherboard such as ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO.

With that being said, is the current recommendation good enough for my system? Or should I push my budget little bit and get a "step-up" ones?

kanade

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

Those will push my budge to $600 though is it worth investing that much for my system?

The first link is blank though I presume you were linking for ASRock Z87 Extreme6 Motherboard?

I'll be balancing gaming, watching via media player, multitasking and so on and yeah, it seems like a waste of money to get an i7 if you're just doing your usual desktop activities.
With that being said that motherboard looks good though I can't seem to pick between that or the Gigabyte board.

IAMEXTREME

Honorable

AsRock is way superior/better than the Gigabyte!

1-AsRock/Asus
2-Gigabyte
3-MSI

kanade

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Hmm, I'd like to hear more suggestions before I decide on either i5 + Gigabyte combo or i5 + AsRock bombo.